Hammock
    Switchback/Speer/T-Bird/WBBB/Lt Owl
    Tarp
    SF/CF/Cldburst/Oge
    Insulation
    Incub/Buro/Snugfit
    Suspension
    Cinch Straps
    I'm planning on a couple hangs in January and need a winter UQ. Brrrrrrr...... People don't realize SC gets down in the 20's, and that is cold. Last years Frozen Tush (Butt) hang it got down to 22*... Bbbbbrrrrrrr.....

Zilla you do need a new warm winter TQ, so just go ahead and splurge.
    "No whining in the woods"

Just my 2c, To me the the shells are what gives you your unique competitive advantage over some of the other vendors, I think you should make getting them back on the site a high priority. It seems that you have that niche market all to yourself. The new site looks awesome, and hopefully I'll be getting a shell from you in the future
    Thanks
    Last edited by JoshuaTrees; 12-03-2013 at 20:45.
    ...Tell me no lies, make me a happy man ...

Hammock
    DIY Digi Camo DL
    Tarp
    Maxi Tarp
    Insulation
    Underquilts Lewis
    Suspension
    Rings and Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Cali View Post
    I'm planning on a couple hangs in January and need a winter UQ. Brrrrrrr...... People don't realize SC gets down in the 20's, and that is cold. Last years Frozen Tush (Butt) hang it got down to 22*... Bbbbbrrrrrrr.....

Zilla you do need a new warm winter TQ, so just go ahead and splurge.
    I was born and raised in Sumter, SC! We used to get 2 feet of snow back in the 60's when I was a kid.

Zilla has already ordered 2 Barnaby Winter TQ's! Thanks Zilla!
    I got in a fight one time with a really big guy, and he said, "I'm going to mop the floor with your face." I said, "You'll be sorry." He said, "Oh, yeah? Why?" I said, "Well, you won't be able to get into the corners very well."

Underquilts.com

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    U G Q .
    Insulation
    U G Q .
    Suspension
    RSBTR STRAPS
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Biker View Post
    I was born and raised in Sumter, SC! We used to get 2 feet of snow back in the 60's when I was a kid.

Zilla has already ordered 2 Barnaby Winter TQ's! Thanks Zilla!
    You are more than welcome.. if they turn out as nice as my underquilts did then i will be very happy
    Last edited by Zilla; 12-03-2013 at 19:58.

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    It is amazing how much work LB does for these shells. What I really like is you get to overfill your own quilt. It is one thing to tell a vender to add and extra ounce or two but it is another to fill it and feel it and say "there, that is the perfect amount.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

Hammock
    Thunderbird 60 from Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    Zpacks Cuben fiber
    Insulation
    DIY TQ & UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Underquilts.com is awesome, I just stuffed my TQ & UQ over the weekend. They came out great, and I never ever sowed anything.

Thanks a Million

Hammock
    DIY Digi Camo DL
    Tarp
    Maxi Tarp
    Insulation
    Underquilts Lewis
    Suspension
    Rings and Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by HanginTuff View Post
    Just my 2c, To me the the shells are what gives you your unique competitive advantage over some of the other vendors, I think you should make getting them back on the site a high priority. It seems that you have that niche market all to yourself. The new site looks awesome, and hopefully I'll be getting a shell from you in the future
    Thanks
    I still plan on selling UQ Shells for those who want to semi roll their own. I've started to add them to the site and will finish in a few days as time permits.

Quote Originally Posted by Zilla View Post
    You are more than welcome.. if they turn out as nice as my underquilts did then i will be very happy
    The TQ's will be nice - I promise!

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    It is amazing how much work LB does for these shells. What I really like is you get to overfill your own quilt. It is one thing to tell a vender to add and extra ounce or two but it is another to fill it and feel it and say "there, that is the perfect amount.
    Thanks Dutch. That's the purpose of the shells, but I couldn't pass up the deal I got on 700 down now that down overall is spiking up in price - Boo. As mentioned above, I am slowly adding the shells back to the site . The feeling of stuffing an uq (aside from the mess it can cause) and making it your own is something you don't get from receiving a completed one in a box. You can say "this is mine" or you can say "I stuffed this myself and it's all mine - just the way I want it".

You also get the joy of hearing "Who's going to clean up the mess you made? There's feathers everywhere!"
    I got in a fight one time with a really big guy, and he said, "I'm going to mop the floor with your face." I said, "You'll be sorry." He said, "Oh, yeah? Why?" I said, "Well, you won't be able to get into the corners very well."

Underquilts.com

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    diy sil argon camo
    Insulation
    lynx
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Just curious, what problems are people having with some of the new high tech fabrics?
    FYI: If you want to know what type a certain bear is, sneak up behind it and kick it. Then,
    run like crazy and climb up a tree. If the bear climbs the tree and eats you, it's a black
    bear. If the bear just pushes the tree over and eats you, it's a grizzly bear : )

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either, just leave me alone.
    --unknown

Hammock
    DIY Digi Camo DL
    Tarp
    Maxi Tarp
    Insulation
    Underquilts Lewis
    Suspension
    Rings and Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by stevebo View Post
    Just curious, what problems are people having with some of the new high tech fabrics?
    I've gotten some problems with popped seams from some who are compacting a quilt too quickly and too aggressively when putting it in a bag. Some materials just don't let out air quickly enough - ie, the Argon and m50 stuff. This is not a problem with the fabric itself, but how its handled when put into a bag. I've repaired several quilts from customers out of courtesy even though it wasn't my fault.

Also the high tech stuff is a pain for me to work with - it takes twice as long for me to finish an uq made from it - due to it's thinness and my old hands not cooperating. Argon is easier to work with than m50 in my opinion, but it's still hard for me to work with.

Again - it's not the fabric thats the problem, its me!

I can work with thicker 1.1 much more easily - and yes, 1.1 is much thicker than Argon or M50.

Underquilts.com

Hammock
    DIY Digi Camo DL
    Tarp
    Maxi Tarp
    Insulation
    Underquilts Lewis
    Suspension
    Rings and Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by treywilly View Post
    Underquilts.com is awesome, I just stuffed my TQ & UQ over the weekend. They came out great, and I never ever sowed anything.

Thanks a Million
    Thank you, treywilly!

Underquilts.com

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast