Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ky chris View Post
    I sent him an email stating that I wanted to be put on the waiting list for one a few weeks ago. Do you think I'll have to wait until after trail days to get one?

Also, how warm can you use the 3-season Yeti and still be comfortable?

Thanks,

ky chris
    I honestly don't know when they will be available for sale; best to wait on Brandon's reply to your email.

Temps are pretty wide. Some of it will depend on which, of 3 different designs he has been fiddling with, he chooses. I've tried all 3 and believe that they can all go to 30F-35F for most folks. I've been down in the mid 20s with them and was fine, but I'm a little off from most on temp ratings. I have a good furnace.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 double
    Tarp
    OES 12x10 SpinnUL
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, NoSniv
    You could check this one out: http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ead.php?t=8390

I liked the looks of it so well, I am having mikeinfhaz make one for me.

Hammock
    diy
    Tarp
    diy 9x11
    Insulation
    JRB No Sniveller
    Suspension
    CBs + DCs
    Images
    Gunn, I just thought I'd mention...

I have an ULBA and I have both a NS and a Nest. I also have a Conduit pack.

I can easily stuff both quilts into one homemade 8x18 sil stuff sack, with plenty of room left over (so it could be smaller- I sometimes cram a pillow in there too ). Both the quilts together don't really take up too much real estate in the Conduit.

Perkolady

Hammock
    BB
    Tarp
    zpacks cuben
    Insulation
    te-wa Freeze
    Suspension
    whoOpie slings
    Images
    thx for the plug! haha

to be fair, im not going to do any colors that have been in production, ie. the Jacks (kelly green or now olive) and Warbonnet (all black)

ive decided to do a test run on dark green outer and black inner. if i like the looks and the supplier, we'll stick w/ that scheme. PM if interested in learning more. mike

p.s. i also use a Conduit, and gently stuff my quilts loosley into the bottom. they take up about 1/2 of the pack this way. my base weight for 3 season is 6-7 lbs so YMMV!

Hammock
    Warbonnet Traveler XL
    Tarp
    Mamajamba
    Insulation
    Wooki
    Suspension
    Cinch buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post
    I honestly don't know when they will be available for sale; best to wait on Brandon's reply to your email.

Temps are pretty wide. Some of it will depend on which, of 3 different designs he has been fiddling with, he chooses. I've tried all 3 and believe that they can all go to 30F-35F for most folks. I've been down in the mid 20s with them and was fine, but I'm a little off from most on temp ratings. I have a good furnace.
    You misunderstood my question. I'm wanting to know how warm it can be outside and still be comfortable. From what I've read you need something anytime the temps are below 70. So I'm wondering if the 3-season Yeti will still be comfortable at let's say 65F or will it be too hot?

Thanks

Ky chris
    Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday...there is no someday.

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ky chris View Post
    You misunderstood my question.
    Oops, sorry.

I don't know. It hasn't been 'warm' here in the evenings yet. Shouldn't be much of a problem venting the quilt in warmer weather. I used the Yeti's synthetic cousin on the AT last year through the summer and was able to stay very comfortable by just scooting the quilt up towards the head-end of my hammock. It results in opening a gap at the front of the UQ and allowing cool, refreshing, air in. The more you scoot, the more air circulation. I can only recall a couple of nights that were so warm and muggy that I didn't bother attaching the uq.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    Nano-7
    Tarp
    Cat cut tarp
    Insulation
    Warbonnet Yeti
    Suspension
    Woopie slings
    Images
    Hi and thanks
    If it's not too much trouble I'd like to see it on a HH backpacker ultralight, I'd like to see how far down the slit it reaches and if it is possible to get in and out easy with it. I imagine I would just pull it back get in then pull it forward again?

And any other pics you have would be good.

Cheers
    Gunn

Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post
    Pics of the Yeti? I've got several and can take more. What do you want to see and with what hammock do you want to see them?
    Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day.
    Winnie the Pooh

My Photo Album
    My youtube videos

Proud member since May 2007

Hammock
    Nano-7
    Tarp
    Cat cut tarp
    Insulation
    Warbonnet Yeti
    Suspension
    Woopie slings
    Images
    Hi, how's things
    Do you use yours with the bladder sleeve? with a bladder in place is there still enough room for all your other gear?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Perkolady View Post
    Gunn, I just thought I'd mention...

I have an ULBA and I have both a NS and a Nest. I also have a Conduit pack.

I can easily stuff both quilts into one homemade 8x18 sil stuff sack, with plenty of room left over (so it could be smaller- I sometimes cram a pillow in there too ). Both the quilts together don't really take up too much real estate in the Conduit.

Perkolady
    Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day.
    Winnie the Pooh

My Photo Album
    My youtube videos

Proud member since May 2007

Hammock
    BB
    Tarp
    zpacks cuben
    Insulation
    te-wa Freeze
    Suspension
    whoOpie slings
    Images
    Gunn - et al.. I believe that my suspension cords will allow you to enter the HH by simply getting in as you normally would, the cords will stretch a good distance, and they are custom fit by the user (basic to perform-i provide instructions) so you would get in, make sure the cords at the foot end are on either side of your legs, then place your leg pad, pack or other insulative object over the closed slit. the only pic I have of the UQ in action are these few, on a WBBB. I hope you get an idea of how this system works on many different hammocks... I did not invent this hanging suspension system, its just that it works so well, so simply, it cannot be improved upon.. special thanks to the Jacks for the idea im sure other short style UQ's are using the same method.. and I saw a Shug video of a way to make it fully "slideable" from front to back. That was cool!

pic 1 shows the glove hook attached to the cord* (i think HH uses similar spectra cord)
    pic 2 shows cord at UQ corner
    pic 3 shows loft @ 2.5" plus
    pic 4 shows finished hang under BB hammock. the left side is the foot end.
    thanks for your interest. now... how much is shipping to Oz?? i dunno!

*the glove hook allows the bungee to slide freely, so the UQ can move with your movements, allowing less stress on the quilt, but also to minimize gaps. it works pretty good!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by te-wa; 04-30-2009 at 21:38.

Hammock
    My DIY 10.5'X5' speer style
    Tarp
    PW 10X12 Cathedral
    Insulation
    PW Comforter Quilt
    Suspension
    1"poly webbing
    Images
    Gunn,

I use an ULA Conduit as well, and I use 5oz. Climashield XP quilts. They and my hammock take up about half of my pack, and my base pack weight is 8-9 pounds. You can look in my gallery to see them attached to my green hammock, but they compress really well. I may go to down, but I won't do that until my quilts wear out, right now I just don't see the need. Have fun on your search.

Dwight
    Psalm 19:1-3 "The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork. Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge. There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard."

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast