GT Double/Single
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wallyworld CCF Pad
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH

UQ/Vest

I've seen at least one thread of a down vest converted to an UQ, but I don't remember any good reviews of how it worked. I just snagged a very warm L. L. Bean down vest from Goodwill for ten bucks, and it's just screaming UQ. Now it would only be torso length of course, but I'm thinking it might help augment my pad system, which often leaves my shoulders a bit chilly.

So if I install zippers to close off the arm holes, could this be a viable UQ with a simple attachment system or would I need significant modifications to properly attach it?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "We're the Sultans of Swing."

Hammock
    Wife Made
    Tarp
    Wife Made
    Insulation
    Wife Made
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Were you thinking about doing something like this: https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...141#post953141
    Travel Journal: http://clackstont100.weebly.com/

Hammock
    GT Double/Single
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wallyworld CCF Pad
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH
    That looks pretty complex (and awesome). I was thinking I'd simply add zippers to close the arms and a simple suspension to snug it up under me. I'm just wondering if I'll have trouble getting it to hang right without significant modification. It seems to be a good shape already.

Hammock
    Wilderness Logic Night OWL
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Pheonix 3s, te-wa
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I have a vest I carry three seasons that's rigged to use if the temp drops and I need more insulation under me. I've used it more than once when temps dropped unexpectedly. It is rigged using the tiny side release buckles ( I got them from Dutch) 4 halves are on my under quilt and the other four half side release buckles are on a Montbell vest or they go on real easy when needed. I ran zing-it or trip tease thru the bottom hem of the vest. I put a small cord loc on so I can adjust the bottom of the vest. A tiny loop of cordage to larks head the top buckles on the vest. Larks head go on the snap buttons on the vest collar. The male or female ones on the quilt stay on there. I put males at the top and the females at the bottom of the vest so it is easier to get a consistent install when needed. I left the arm holes open as the vest goes inside my 2/3 under quilt and between the hammock.
    I like refried beans. That's why I wanna try fried beans, because maybe they're just as good and we're just wasting time. You don't have to fry them again after all.

Hammock
    GT Double/Single
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wallyworld CCF Pad
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH
    Quote Originally Posted by Two Tents View Post
    I have a vest I carry three seasons that's rigged to use if the temp drops and I need more insulation under me. I've used it more than once when temps dropped unexpectedly. It is rigged using the tiny side release buckles ( I got them from Dutch) 4 halves are on my under quilt and the other four half side release buckles are on a Montbell vest or they go on real easy when needed. I ran zing-it or trip tease thru the bottom hem of the vest. I put a small cord loc on so I can adjust the bottom of the vest. A tiny loop of cordage to larks head the top buckles on the vest. Larks head go on the snap buttons on the vest collar. The male or female ones on the quilt stay on there. I put males at the top and the females at the bottom of the vest so it is easier to get a consistent install when needed. I left the arm holes open as the vest goes inside my 2/3 under quilt and between the hammock.
    Wow, great idea. I'm gonna take that as encouraging.

• + New Posts