DH RG 11' 1.6 Lefty
    Tarp
    HG, OES
    Insulation
    UQG,HG,WB
    Suspension
    Whoopies

Suggestions Before I Return It!

I just picked up this hammock stand on sale at Menards (for some reason they have a poor website and don't show it) that is the same as this http://www.hammock-company.com/detai...e=ADD&prc=B000.
    I set it up and used a Warbonnet BB. Apparently it does not work well with this style of hammock. I had to tighten it as much as possible and my butt was very close to the bottom pipe. Is this stand not very good unless you use the ones that they sell with it? I may need to make something that has higher poles. I tried for the quick fix, didn't work . I plan on returning it.

Hammock
    Dual Layer 1.7 WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    Landau 3/16" pad
    Images
    I wonder if it would work with the Warbonnet Traveler? I have been thinking about getting one for the back yard with a hammock stand similar to that.

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB!
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    JRB HR (2)
    Did the ridgeline go taut, or was it still sagging when you get in the hammock?

Hammock
    DH RG 11' 1.6 Lefty
    Tarp
    HG, OES
    Insulation
    UQG,HG,WB
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    It was very tight. The upright poles actually flared a little on the ends where they insert on the bottom rail. I had a difficult time getting the hammock off. The hammock is relatively new and was constantly stretching, I did tighten it a few times.

Hammock
    Hennessy Hyperlight
    Tarp
    Hennessy Poly Hex
    Insulation
    DIY and JRB quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    I have a very similar hammock stand that I also got at Menards. It works pretty well with my Hennessy hammocks. Is the Blackbird very much longer?

FreeTheWeasel

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB!
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    JRB HR (2)
    I'm having a little trouble picturing the tight ridgeline with the really sagging hammock. I don't recall that much stretch with mine. You have any pictures? I wonder if it has to do with the angle of the hang.

I was considering a stand like that, so I'm quite interested now in seeing what it would look like.

FTW, the Blackbird has a ridgeline that's an inch longer than a ULB but nine inches shorter than the Explorer - the Hennessy models are all different. The size difference in a BB is in the width - it's definitely larger than the largest HH.

Hammock
    DH RG 11' 1.6 Lefty
    Tarp
    HG, OES
    Insulation
    UQG,HG,WB
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    There was very little sag if any. Could have played the ridge line like a bass. If I were to guess I'd say there was about 16"-18" of the straps on both ends. Not really good for a proper hang and it put a lot of tension on both the hammock and the stand. I checked the specs on both the HH ULBA-sym (120" with a 100" ridge line) and the BB (120" with a 101" ridge line). I wanted something for the backyard to lounge in that set up in a snap. Sorry, I didn't take any pictures. Ended up having to back to work last night and packed it all up.
    Last edited by Oms; 05-01-2009 at 05:10.

Hammock
    DH RG 11' 1.6 Lefty
    Tarp
    HG, OES
    Insulation
    UQG,HG,WB
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Ok now I am confused. HH has both the hammock dimensions and the fabric dimensions and the BB has just dimensions. If I'm reading it correctly the HH should be 20" shorter and may actually work with this stand.

Hammock
    HH Explorer w/ Zipper Mod #4
    Tarp
    ZQ Special w/mods
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Cinch and straps
    Images
    I have a similar stand and ended up making 16" extensions to the ends...bent to go straight up. At the very top is a welded on eyelet for the tarp and hammock suspension lines.
    2QZQ Hammock Specialties
    Specializing in:
    Hennessy Hammock zipper modifications
    Sewn on Tarp doors, Pole Pockets, and Grizz Beaks
    Ridgeline and gear organizers, peak storage bags, UQ protectors,
    2QZQ tree table!

Images
    That stand looks similar to the one I bought at Lowes. The extreme ends are probably no more than 4 or 4-1/2 feet off the ground, which isn't high enough to hang a hammock without dragging. I had some fabrication done to my stand that allows me to attach a 4 X 4 post vertically to the ends, so I can tie the hammock 6' or 7', or more, high. I wouldn't recommend doing it again exactly the way I did mine, but I suspect you simply need a little more altitude on the tie points. Sounds like 2Questions may have a better solution. He usually does.

After looking again at the link in your first post, they offer a canopy for that stand. It mounts to extensions similar to what I think 2Q's may have done.
    Last edited by DougTheElder; 05-01-2009 at 11:34.
    Sometimes even a Blind Hog finds an Acorn

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast