Tarp
    U G Q .
    Insulation
    U G Q .
    Suspension
    RSBTR STRAPS
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by silentorpheus View Post
    There's already an easy way to do this - once you complete a satisfactory member to member transaction, why not go to their member profile, and leave a visitor message saying so?

Exactly, and Ironfish45 is right as well, the main objective of this forum is to share knowledge and help each other out in hammocking related ways,A certain amount of maturity and trust is expected by all members and i dont think anyone want this site to end up looking like ebay...

Banned
    Hammock
    Sold
    Insulation
    Varies
    Suspension
    Depends
    Quote Originally Posted by Zilla View Post
    Exactly, and Ironfish45 is right as well, the main objective of this forum is to share knowledge and help each other out in hammocking related ways,A certain amount of maturity and trust is expected by all members and i dont think anyone want this site to end up looking like ebay...
    It seems like last year around this time the Moderators posted a message about concerns that this site should not become a Ebay type. Emphasis should be on Hammocks and Hammock related activities. There are lots of other sites where selling/buying and trading gear is encouraged.

My first experience with buying from another HF member was negative. It was my fault because I did not do my research. I should have realized the person I purchased from was a comparative new comer, he was trying to start a business, buy selling worn out items. If I had read all of the suggestions for buying on HF, I would have caught that this person was not selling the kind of gear I wanted to purchase. Now, I know how to pick whom to purchase from wisely. I am happy with the transactions.

HF is nice because we do not flame each other, we might disagree from time to time, however we do not make nasty or rude comments (in a large part because our moderator's are keeping track of what is happening). I think posting what we think of something we purchase could cause disharmony.
    I suspect many of us are perfectionists, some of us lack people skills. I feel like the system works remarkably well the way it is. Especially since the Mission Statement is in regard to Hammocking, not being a market place.

Maybe the members should review how we would like Hammock Forums to look in the future. Maybe Hammock Forums should get a cut from each sale it has facilitated. Interesting discussion.

You do know we are considering starting a 12 Step Program for Hammock Gearaholics. Some of us just keep purchasing something new that we have not tried before...

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    U G Q .
    Insulation
    U G Q .
    Suspension
    RSBTR STRAPS
    Images
    Hi, my name is Zilla and i am a Hammock Gearaholic !!,, All kidding aside, that was well put IRONFISH45,there are some that try and buy and sell, i know who they are and sooner than later the mods will crack down on them, lets just hope it is before they ruin things for everyone, imagine how you would feel if the mods did away with the market place, i sure would not want to be the member responsable for that!

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Luke's LB HG hex
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    SlingRings/Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Zilla View Post
    Hi, my name is Zilla and i am a Hammock Gearaholic !!,, All kidding aside, that was well put IRONFISH45,there are some that try and buy and sell, i know who they are and sooner than later the mods will crack down on them, lets just hope it is before they ruin things for everyone, imagine how you would feel if the mods did away with the market place, i sure would not want to be the member responsable for that!
    I know what ya mean Zilla. I always cringe when I see the same sellers over and over flipping stuff.
    "He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Please check out the link below to show your love for hammocks!www.zazzle.com/hammocklife

Hammock
    S
    Tarp
    S
    Insulation
    Not Enough
    Suspension
    Dyna Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by HamMike View Post
    I know what ya mean Zilla. I always cringe when I see the same sellers over and over flipping stuff.
    Some of that stuff is also misrepresented by "I've only used a couple of times" etc..
    Theres nothing like danglin in dixie!!!!

Murphy's Law: When one toilet breaks they all break.....its all a buncha crap.

Im an educated idiot. The more I learn the less I know.

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    Hinterland gear
    Insulation
    down bag
    Suspension
    strap & E.T.'s
    Images
    I haven't seen it as much lately but we suffer from a certain amount of dissatisfied customers who are spring loaded to airing their complaint with the whole world (at least the whole forum) before contacting the seller, be it a vendor or otherwise. I think this could be a bad idea in that regard. OTOH I like seeing a seller with good stats when I buy something off ebay. On the whole I would say I could live without, but that is coming from someone who does not buy a lot of gear here on the forum, I would just hate to see it become a venue for finger pointing and he said - she said stuff.
    Good luck,
    RED

My Youtube Channel

Deep peace of the running wave to you.
    Deep peace of the flowing air to you.
    Deep peace of the quiet earth to you.
    Deep peace of the shining stars to you.
    Deep peace without end to you.
    adapted from - ancient gaelic runes

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Redoleary View Post
    I haven't seen it as much lately but we suffer from a certain amount of dissatisfied customers who are spring loaded to airing their complaint with the whole world (at least the whole forum) before contacting the seller, be it a vendor or otherwise. I think this could be a bad idea in that regard. OTOH I like seeing a seller with good stats when I buy something off ebay. On the whole I would say I could live without, but that is coming from someone who does not buy a lot of gear here on the forum, I would just hate to see it become a venue for finger pointing and he said - she said stuff.
    Well said Red….I concur.
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    Cuben fiber +doors
    Insulation
    Muticam UnderQuilt
    Suspension
    whoopies/straps

its a great idea

I think the idea wouldnt take away from the site. It would only add a higher level of information sharing and the use of it would be optional.
    Transparency is never bad.

Ill end by sharing a quote:

Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people.

-Eleanor Roosevelt
    Last edited by YeahIdIDThat; 12-08-2013 at 15:38.
    .,====,_o00o
    //__l_l_,\____\,__ Jeep Life! +
    l_---\_l__l---[]lllllll[] Hammock Life = Awesome !
    _(o)_)__(o)_)-(o-)_)___

It's not procrastinating, its proactively delaying the implementation of the energy-intensive phase of the project until the enthusiasm factor is at its maximum effectiveness.

So Many projects...
    So Little Time..

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Luke's LB HG hex
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    SlingRings/Straps
    Images
    Sorry guys I really have to express some disappointment on how folks have responded to Ka-Tets suggestion. I brought Ka-Tet to the forums because he got stoked about hammocking the way I did. He's a smart guy and has moderated on other forums before. So he isn't speaking from an uneducated view. From his suggestion we heard alot about how the forums are for hammock related discussion all the way to being accused IMO of suggesting an idea that would call into question the integrity of other members. This is a suggestion forum within Hammock forums. Lets try not to bash people or lecture them for making a suggestion that you don't like or agree with. There are many unhammock related areas to the forum. Some you can't get to without donating but they are still there. I think if a section were created it would be where a member could start a thread for instance "HamMike's seller reviews" anyone that bought an item from me could go there and leave a reply stating when they got it and how happy they are with the awesome gear I sent and how great the packaging was. The thread would be completely voluntary. Like he said when you are sending someone hundreds of dollars it would be nice to know how they have conducted past sales before you do that. Right now it's all on blind faith and what you can dig up on old posts. Sure as members we are all expected to behave and conduct ourselves with honor but let's face it not everyone does. Happy Hangin folks.
    "He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Please check out the link below to show your love for hammocks!www.zazzle.com/hammocklife

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    U G Q .
    Insulation
    U G Q .
    Suspension
    RSBTR STRAPS
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by HamMike View Post
    Sorry guys I really have to express some disappointment on how folks have responded to Ka-Tets suggestion. I brought Ka-Tet to the forums because he got stoked about hammocking the way I did. He's a smart guy and has moderated on other forums before. So he isn't speaking from an uneducated view. From his suggestion we heard alot about how the forums are for hammock related discussion all the way to being accused IMO of suggesting an idea that would call into question the integrity of other members. This is a suggestion forum within Hammock forums. Lets try not to bash people or lecture them for making a suggestion that you don't like or agree with. There are many unhammock related areas to the forum. Some you can't get to without donating but they are still there. I think if a section were created it would be where a member could start a thread for instance "HamMike's seller reviews" anyone that bought an item from me could go there and leave a reply stating when they got it and how happy they are with the awesome gear I sent and how great the packaging was. The thread would be completely voluntary. Like he said when you are sending someone hundreds of dollars it would be nice to know how they have conducted past sales before you do that. Right now it's all on blind faith and what you can dig up on old posts. Sure as members we are all expected to behave and conduct ourselves with honor but let's face it not everyone does. Happy Hangin folks.

OK, But we have a review thread, if someone wanted to post a review on thier transaction with hammockmike, could they not use this resourse that we allready have???,,, good for a vendor,good for a member,. am i wrong?

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast