Tarp
    Cuben fiber +doors
    Insulation
    Muticam UnderQuilt
    Suspension
    whoopies/straps

Ok

Quote Originally Posted by gmcttr View Post
    It's good to make things better, but I don't think more "patting each other on the back" would be better and as my original post indicated, this is what I thought a review thread would be...until finger pointing started.
    I got ya
    .,====,_o00o
    //__l_l_,\____\,__ Jeep Life! +
    l_---\_l__l---[]lllllll[] Hammock Life = Awesome !
    _(o)_)__(o)_)-(o-)_)___

It's not procrastinating, its proactively delaying the implementation of the energy-intensive phase of the project until the enthusiasm factor is at its maximum effectiveness.

So Many projects...
    So Little Time..

Hammock
    S
    Tarp
    S
    Insulation
    Not Enough
    Suspension
    Dyna Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by OutandBack View Post
    If I had an issue with a sale I would take it to PM's CCing a forum moderator.
    If worse came to worse I would challenge the charge thru PayPal.
    These are things which SHOULD BE common practice for all buyers but do not necessarily help prevent problems future purchasers may encounter. Members have been banned from the "For Sale" forum in the past so I suppose enough complaining about specific sellers to the mods may still get the same results.
    Theres nothing like danglin in dixie!!!!

Murphy's Law: When one toilet breaks they all break.....its all a buncha crap.

Im an educated idiot. The more I learn the less I know.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC DL 1.1
    Tarp
    Superfly, OES, HG
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Stock
    Images
    The marketplace is an aside of the main focus of Hammock Forums. We would rather see people discussing hammocks, than talking about seller ratings. This is one reason that the 50 posts rule exists, to get people involved in discussions about hammocks. Starting an area where people focus on seller feedback, strays from the main focus of this forum in our opinion.

We appreciate your suggestions, but we feel the system in place is working and plan to keep it as is.

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    U G Q .
    Insulation
    U G Q .
    Suspension
    RSBTR STRAPS
    Images

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Yukon View Post
    The marketplace is an aside of the main focus of Hammock Forums. We would rather see people discussing hammocks, than talking about seller ratings. This is one reason that the 50 posts rule exists, to get people involved in discussions about hammocks. Starting an area where people focus on seller feedback, strays from the main focus of this forum in our opinion.

We appreciate your suggestions, but we feel the system in place is working and plan to keep it as is.

AGREED!! Thank you Yukon, i am sure most members feel that way about it too, i know that i do!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Redoleary View Post
    I haven't seen it as much lately but we suffer from a certain amount of dissatisfied customers who are spring loaded to airing their complaint with the whole world (at least the whole forum) before contacting the seller, be it a vendor or otherwise. I think this could be a bad idea in that regard. OTOH I like seeing a seller with good stats when I buy something off ebay. On the whole I would say I could live without, but that is coming from someone who does not buy a lot of gear here on the forum, I would just hate to see it become a venue for finger pointing and he said - she said stuff.
    I'm looking at this from two sides. As a member, I've bought, sold and traded with other members. My reputation within the forum is very important to me and I want folks to like me, my product and my money. SO a rating (preferably a positive one) would be of value. The times I've sold or traded with other members I've been a nervous nellie wanting to make certain that they are completely satisfied. Just my personal feeling about dealing square with everyone and making the deals a win win for everyone involved. If they were unhappy in any way I would want them to let me know right quick and in a hurry, but through a PM or call. If I feel like I got shafted, I'd let them know but privately. I would not want to besmertch a person's character without reason and certainly not in front of others.

As a psuedo vendor (is that a term) I want to be dealt with fairly and be given a chance to make something right before I get slammed in a post by someone who is needing feedback on something (shipping, timeline, quality issue) but (probably unintentionally) it comes out as pointy fingers, or the person who is just a quick draw personality. I see cottage guys get raked on from time to time and a hourd of members come to there defense (and rightfully so) when a simple PM or phone call would have given the vendor the chance they all want to make the customer happy. Cottage vendors here are revered, they're superstars, they're celebrities. So they get a lot of positive feedback. Are they perfect? By no means, and they would be the first to say so but their hearts are good and they want customer satisfation to be as important as the effort and innovation they put into the products they sell.

I have a lot of faith in the forum as a whole, otherwise I wouldn't still be here. Where else would I meet up with 20 guys I've never laid eyes on in the backwoods of LA for a hang and "just know in my head" I wasn't gonna be told I had a pretty mouth and asked could I squeal like a pig?

Just don't know that this particular idea is necessarily a good thing for us as a whole. At least not just now.

Hammock
    S
    Tarp
    S
    Insulation
    Not Enough
    Suspension
    Dyna Whoopies
    Caveat Emptor
    Theres nothing like danglin in dixie!!!!

Murphy's Law: When one toilet breaks they all break.....its all a buncha crap.

Im an educated idiot. The more I learn the less I know.

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345