Tarp
    HH Poly. Hex
    Insulation
    HH SuperShelter
    Suspension
    ring buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    Hope you can get to the woods soon! What's the weather like down there now? I really think a major key to enjoying this system when breaking camp each day is putting it all in one large sack and compressing as needed. But, again, it is hard to keep all of the cords on the Prussick hooks from coming undone once stuffed. So, I have added cheap mini-biners to the Prussick lines. Then, when I tie to the trees, all is adjusted pretty well just as it was when I broke camp in the morning. It is all very quick and easy, especially if I have changed the tree hugger system to webbing with cinch buckles. Easy/quick up and easy/quick down!
    Im really trying to find sometime to get out, but workload is pretty heavy right now and will be till mid june. Weather here in bogota is crazy changing all the time, but temps have not dropped lower than 50F... but where I usually go to camp and plan on doing my initial SuperShelter real test, this time of year is usuaylly aroung mid 30's. I try not to be too aware of weather, or else Im begin rotting a little bit inside thinking abut how swell it would be to be testing my supershelter.

Concerning your packing advice, Ive been using that method when i need to get the hammock out the way in my room, and plan on keeping it that way for ever while camping since it allows me to not change too much the way i store my shelter in my backpack, and IMO its just more practical approach than keeping things sepparate (i really wasn't liking the idea of carrying the pad appart, worse if outside the backpack, or having to arrange it each time at setup or breakdown, not that this was difficult, but your way is just faster and more hennessier)... so I luv it, just need to get a big enough bishop sack done. So thanks for that advice.
    BTW, I don't use the tarp prussics... my supershelter came with a ziplock baggie that had a pair of glove hooks and some plastic cable ties. When stuffed or unstufed or whatever i might try to do, nothing comes undone. So as i said to Ramblinrev, all i have to do care about is staking the tieouts, and sometimes reaccomodate the heatsheet.

Any way, I tried, with the new hammock, to give the hennessy lashing a try once again, but that only lasted about two days.. im back on ring buckles.. so IMO my HH does have the Easiest/quickest setup and easiest/quickest break down system, and this is obviously thanks to all the input from you HammockForums.net members, THANKS ALOT. I'm confident i wont have any sheltering problems on my next trips.
    "This is what i love about backpacking... Just clean your stuff by licking it." - Shug

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by elcolombianito View Post
    BTW, I don't use the tarp prussics... my supershelter came with a ziplock baggie that had a pair of glove hooks and some plastic cable ties. When stuffed or unstufed or whatever i might try to do, nothing comes undone. So as i said to Ramblinrev, all i have to do care about is staking the tieouts, and sometimes reaccomodate the heatsheet. .........
    Right, that is a new system for me, the separate glove hooks and cable ties, so I am ignorant of that set up. Mine ( over 2.5 years old) simply hooked to the same place you hooked the stock HH tarp to if you were using it the way TH originally suggested and not tieing the tarp to the trees. So my directions were to 1st adjust the tarp for correct tension and centering, and then attache the SS to the same hooks as the tarp. I've heard about this other set up, but never seen it.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123