Tarp
    Hex Rainfly
    Insulation
    HH SuperShelter
    Suspension
    Stock HH
    Images

Question Just a few more questions and needed adivce

Alright, so I've come to the conclusion I will be purchasing a HH in a few short days. I was going to purchase a used on off HF, but it sold already. It was everything I feel like I needed and wanted, but I am gona try my best to get neaarly everything that this individual was selling.

Below is a list of every item that he was selling in his thread. Whoever reading this that knows the best places to get these items please let me know, also if you feel I do not need it and/or a particular item could be replaced/exchanged with another item.

LIST:
    1- Snakeskins
    1- Hennessy Explorer Deluxe Hammock
    1- Hex Fly(tarp)
    1 Hennessy Supershelter (has pad, moisture/wind barrier, and space blanket}
    1- Hennessy tree huggers and I have a longer set of straps I'll throw in
    1- Set of 1/8" Amsteel whoopies(suspension)
    1- Amsteel ridgeline

- I also have added some Nite Eyez guy lines to the tarp. Much better and more visible than the stock tie outs(stock ones still intact)
    I'll also throw in 6 aluminum Hammock Forums stakes to tie the tarp out.
    Below is the Hennessy website where you can find the tarp, supershelter, and hammock. The whoopies and ridgeline ran me about $50. The guy lines, about $10. The stakes were under $20. The hammock $219. The supershelter, $149. Hex Fly, $80. Snakeskins came free with the hammock. I have around $500 in the set up.

I want to be able to camp in North Georgia mountains during all the seasons, expect extreme cold, as well as in Florida for the upcoming Wanee festi

Please if you could link me, and or guide me to the direction of where I need to go to purchase all of these items.

**Side question: In this gentlemen's sale, he had a picture of his set-up, in the picture it looked like he had to poles/rods coming a few feet out from his hammock, looked like it gives you more dry room in front of your hammock, what are these poles called? And how helpful/important/convenient are they?

Thanks so much my fellow hangers

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Leebums View Post

I want to be able to camp in North Georgia mountains during all the seasons, expect extreme cold, as well as in Florida for the upcoming Wanee festi
    The HHSS will not do extreme cold. Yes some will say they did it but most can't. I had a HHSS and it was only good to ~35F and I was still cold.
    That said you'll need an underquilt for cold weather. HHSS and underquilts don't mix very well.

My recommendation is to not buy the HHSS and buy a good quality UQ and add a breathable UQ protector.

hth

Hammock
    Hennesy
    Tarp
    various
    Insulation
    pads, foam
    Images
    I'd also skip the whoopee slings. When you modify the hammock you bust the warranty. Either leave the suspension alone or tie in a couple of descender rings and work off them. Once you have experience then think about changing suspensions. You might be like a lot (most?) of us and find out straps are a whole lot better. Most of the suggested improvements aren't.

Really you would be better off right now with a plain open hammock and go from there if you want a winter setup. They are cheap to make and let you start working up a system you like. One of the few things obvious on this forum is that there are a lot of individual preferences. You need to learn yours.
    YMMV

HYOH

Free advice worth what you paid for it. ;-)

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Mamajamba
    Insulation
    DIY/UGQ/HG
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Camping or backpacking?

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 single
    Tarp
    12 X 12 Guide Gear
    Insulation
    DIY synthetic UQ
    Suspension
    Adjustable webbing
    +1 to Nothermark's suggestions.

Banned
    Hammock
    DIY 12' Channel end
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/doors
    Insulation
    Underwoobie T/UQ
    Suspension
    RacerLoops w/Cinch
    Images
    Get the hammock and tarp from HH. The snakeskins come with the standard package, and sometimes they will give you a free upgrade to a Hex Tarp.

Ditch the HHSS.

Ditch the HH tree straps

Ditch the Whoopies.

Buy an Underquilt.

Go to Ready Strap

http://readystrap.com/rst_016.htm

and get a pair of Lock N Loads and a pair of 1" tree straps (either the 1500 or 3000#, which ever makes you feel better)

Tie the Lock N Load on the Hennessey rope as close to the end of the hammock as you can, if you want tie a colored line at the one on the head end of the hammock

Run tree strap around tree, then through the cinch buckle on the Lock N Load. Tie a knot in the strap behind the buckle once you've got the hammock height dialed in:

If you use Dutch Clips, you won't have to take the straps off the hammock when you take down---you'll never leave your straps on the tree. You also don't have to make any modifications to the hammock that would void the warranty.

Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe
    Tarp
    Hex Rainfly
    Insulation
    HH SuperShelter
    Suspension
    Stock HH
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken Halo View Post
    Camping or backpacking?
    Camping mostly

Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe
    Tarp
    Hex Rainfly
    Insulation
    HH SuperShelter
    Suspension
    Stock HH
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sargevining View Post
    Get the hammock and tarp from HH. The snakeskins come with the standard package, and sometimes they will give you a free upgrade to a Hex Tarp.

Ditch the HHSS.

Ditch the HH tree straps

Ditch the Whoopies.

Buy an Underquilt.

Go to Ready Strap

http://readystrap.com/rst_016.htm

and get a pair of Lock N Loads and a pair of 1" tree straps (either the 1500 or 3000#, which ever makes you feel better)

Tie the Lock N Load on the Hennessey rope as close to the end of the hammock as you can, if you want tie a colored line at the one on the head end of the hammock

Run tree strap around tree, then through the cinch buckle on the Lock N Load. Tie a knot in the strap behind the buckle once you've got the hammock height dialed in:

If you use Dutch Clips, you won't have to take the straps off the hammock when you take down---you'll never leave your straps on the tree. You also don't have to make any modifications to the hammock that would void the warranty.
    Awesome!, thank you very very much for your help!, the pictures will defff help me out when it comes to putting it up. Thanks again fellow hanger

• + New Posts