Tarp
    GG, monsoon,suprfl
    Insulation
    PLUQ, jarbidge, di
    Suspension
    Whoopie wb-strap
    Images
    Hey Colicab

First off give us as much information as you can. I see that you are new here and I think it may be a good idea if you go through the vocab and acronyms pages so you are speaking the same language as the rest of us.

That being said I am with a couple of the others and would suggest stringing the hammock up with more slack. The first hennessy I had the ridgeline had to be loose even when I was in the hammock to get rid of that ridge. I understand what you mean about the ridge of fabric being higher. Don't get frusterated take time and try out different tensions and heights, once you find the sweet spot it will all click.
    Dammfast

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”

― Mark Twain

Hammock
    Argon 11 ft or HH BKUL
    Tarp
    Asym DIY Pole Mod
    Insulation
    DIY, Jarbrige,HHSS
    Suspension
    Lashings
    Images
    Yes, try loosening the hammock hang.
    I hung my HH tight for years, then once (setting-up too late and too dark) I hung it very loose with foot end a couple inches higher and loved the results.
    Enjoying the simple things in life -
    Own less, live more.

Hammock
    HH Expedition, HH Explorer Dlx
    Tarp
    Noah 12, BCUSA 10
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, Old Rag
    Suspension
    Stock HH w/rings
    Images
    Whoopies? Is this an indication that you removed the stock suspension and replaced it? If so, how did it hang before you changed it out? Perhaps you purchased it already modified? If so, you need to figure out how it was done because mistakes could be adding to your problem.

In other words, like others said, we need more details and some pictures before we can give better answers. I mean, we can all guess and make suggestions but they are shots in the dark without more information.

Hammock
    11’ Dogger hammock
    Tarp
    SLD winter haven
    Insulation
    HG incubator 0*
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images

Talking

I also hang the foot end a little higher and have my butt a little left of center hope that helps.

I'd be near-certain that it's a problem with the way the material has been gathered at the ends — otherwise any tightness wouldn't be parallel to the ridgeline. Probably not something you couldn't sort out by tinkering with the gather at each end though.

For the record, I never had anything like that problem in mine (same model), and I couldn't replicate it if I tried either. It's just not the way the hammock hangs. Foot end higher wouldn't make any difference if your hammock is badly gathered, nor would slackening the hang. You need to fix the hammock.

To take a final stab at what's gone on, it's likely that this issue would have cropped up during the installation of the whoopee slings. If the material at one end has been cut accidentally and pulled into the gather to cover it up, that would probably give you a ridge down the middle. Or if it's just been pulled in unequally at one end, you might get the same result.

Long story short, it's probably not the way you're hanging, it's the hammock. Get that fixed and the problem will go away.

That's my opinion at least.

Oh dear, just seen how old this thread was! Sorry. Still, if anyone else has this issue hopefully that's a solution!

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12