Tarp
    HG dyneema/MacCat
    Insulation
    DIY UQ and UGQ TQ
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images

Thumbs up

A good time was had by all, including our Canadian guests! Thanks, Neo, for putting this together every year. Sorry I couldn't stay the night.

Rain Man

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
    A good time was had by all, including our Canadian guests! Thanks, Neo, for putting this together every year. Sorry I couldn't stay the night.

Rain Man

Rainman, it seems you were appropriately named for this trip! Sorry I missed meeting you and the several others I have not met. Neo, Ewker, Angrysparrow, Skippy, Ihangbankhead and TNHillbilly( was any one else I know there?), sorry I missed seeing you folks again. I know I missed a grand time eating BBQ and Dutch oven cobbler sheltered from the rain, followed my a nice rainy night in a hammock.

I drove right by MWL and David Crocket park on the way home from Hot Springs last week, and I was thinking: boy, I hope I can get back up here next week!

It looks to me like a couple of folks almost converted to pads at the surplus store!

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by skippy View Post
    Sparrow, I think we need to change our names to thunder and lightning, seems like ever time we go to a hang we seem to bring the storms with us
    I wouldn't have it any other way! There is nothing quite as soothing as hanging peacefully in a comfortable warm hammock while a storm rages all around.

Thanks for organizing the hang, Neo. I really enjoyed meeting you and the others that I hadn't met, as well as seeing friends again.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Neo, thanks for organizing another great hangout. You can beat Meriwether Lewis park for a meeting spot.

It was nice to meet folks I hadn't meet before and to see old friends again.

Hope everyone made it home safe and sound.
    'Classic.' A book which people praise and don't read.” ― Mark Twain

Who cares about showers, gourmet food, using flush toilets. Just keep on walking and being away from it all.

There are times that the only way you can do something is to do it alone.

Kori and I would like to add our thanks as well. It was nice meeting everyone and seeing the different setups. I can't wait for the next one!

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB UQ of season
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by skippy View Post
    Thanks Neo for putting this hang together. Meriwether Park is a GREAT place for a hangout. Sparrow, I think we need to change our names to thunder and lightning, seems like ever time we go to a hang we seem to bring the storms with us
    I enjoyed meeting everyone and had a good time. To those who didn't get to make this one you need to put this hang on your calender and try to make the next one. Thanks again Neo for all of your hard work.
    Skippy,

With your luck don't go hiking with Dgrav.....Over the last two years of hiking it has rained & I mean buckets, on Smee and me 6 of 8 hiking days on us when Don is along....

Next year we are all thinkin AZ baby.

Glad you all had a good hang.

Pan
    Ounces to Grams.

www.jacksrbetter.com ... Largest supplier of camping quilts and under quilts...Home of the Original Nest Under Quilt, and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock. 800 595 0413

Hammock
    Super Traveler
    Tarp
    Spinn OES-2QZQ-WL
    Insulation
    Incubator by SC
    Suspension
    Dutch wear
    Images
    I had a Great time getting to meet you guys. Thanks for putting on the Hangout Neo! Its always fun getting to hangout with angrysparrow and others learning about Hammock camping & Backpacking. It's amazing what you can learn each time you go to a Hammock forums hangout! Till next time, Thomas

Hammock
    Switchback/Treklite
    Tarp
    BWDD WinterDream
    Insulation
    IX 5-in-1/WM bag
    Suspension
    Whoopies/TL Stand
    I arrived home and needed a nap right away, not because I didn't get good sleep on the hangout, but because all you guys gave my brain such an intense workout all weekend! What a super learning laboratory you created, Neo. Thank you for handling all the logistics so capably. The campground was perfect. I, too, enjoyed Friday night's intense storm, and learned much from it. It sounds crazy, but I was glad when it began to rain in the wee hours of Sunday morning. After implementing all the improvements to my hang, I wanted them tested! Thanks to everyone for your unfailing patience in explaining so many things. There just couldn't have been a nicer, more mellow group to hang with. Bill and I stopped at the beautiful Jackson Falls on the way home. The rains had caused a very large tree to fall from the high bluff on the far side of the gorge, clearing everything in it's path. The rocks and mud were continuing to fall while we were there. It was a sobering example of the power of nature taking its course. Looking forward to the next hang out!

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Looks like you guys had a great time! Those of us that camped in NC this weekend saw by radar that you guys were getting the rain in TENN, but like it often does, it began to break up as it went across the Appalachian chain, so we only got the light stuff.
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Hammock
    Hammeck Netty
    Tarp
    HG dyneema/MacCat
    Insulation
    DIY UQ and UGQ TQ
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    Rainman, it seems you were appropriately named for this trip!
    I have you know, it didn't rain at all the whole time I was there! I think some of the non-liars in the group will vouch for me! LOL

Rain Man

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast