Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Floridahanger View Post
    That's a really good looking tarp/tent you have there. I could definitely see a cot or 2 along with the hammock in there if need be.

If I may make a suggestion, for the zipper pull, using 2 pulls at the top would give you a better closure for the hammock suspension at any height point along the doors.

Great pics, will watch the video later.
    X2 on the zipper pulls.

Hammock
    Clark NA
    Images
    Looks like a well designed tarp/hammock tent. I like the zipper suggestion and one more I'd add would be to add about 6" strip of plastic tarp type material to seal around the bottom. I think it's call a sod cloth on my big hunters tent and it makes a big difference in keeping out the cold air on the floor.
    "Back when I was young, skinny and immortal. I since discovered that old men don't bounce." Hawk-eye "Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. " Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    my 11' ers
    Tarp
    many of my tarps
    Insulation
    yeti, Incubators
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tri-pod bob View Post
    Real nice work!
    Thx-ee...

smokebait - The larger stove is going to be great

Mgreg - TEXAS!!! HOT!!! you can put a/c in it...

Out&Back - It just don't get any better...

mbiraman - I agree, I have a 4-dog-stove for my Wall tent and it has a baffle. That's my next project is to put one in... working in sliding a extra floor in with a little space between floors so it don't burn out....

FloridaH - 2 pull tabs at top? yelp,,, working on one now that will be that way... theirs will also have a sod cloth at bottom... very cold where they are... Thanks for your suggestion.

Bannerstone - Yes, your right. The Hunters are who wanted some of these changes...

Thanks all...

Hammock
    Homebrew Argon
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG TQ+UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Stuff
    That looks really warm and fun.

Hammock
    my 11' ers
    Tarp
    many of my tarps
    Insulation
    yeti, Incubators
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTAN View Post
    Looks like a well designed tarp/hammock tent. I like the zipper suggestion and one more I'd add would be to add about 6" strip of plastic tarp type material to seal around the bottom. I think it's call a sod cloth on my big hunters tent and it makes a big difference in keeping out the cold air on the floor.
    I do offer the Sod cloth... this is the 1st one I made and was keeping it for me, so I didn't want the sod cloth... Thanks for your suggestions...

Hammock
    Hennesy
    Tarp
    various
    Insulation
    pads, foam
    Images
    FWIW - not trying to hijack the thread but in terms of stove fuel Miller talked about using charcoal bricks with a pinhole draft to burn all night. This was in at least 2 books from the 19teens so I have no source in mind. I have no idea if that is something that can be found today or how one would make out tossing in a load of briquets and shutting down the draft. I just thought I would toss it out for you hot tent guys to play with if you choose to.
    YMMV

HYOH

Free advice worth what you paid for it. ;-)

Images
    ooo, that one looks roomy. I'm still loving mine, especially right now I've been eyeballing tigoat's new design, waiting for their larger model to come out. Does that heavier fabric hold the heat in noticeably better than the sil?

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY 11x10
    Insulation
    DIY UQ & down bag
    That is a great looking new house.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Hammock
    my 11' ers
    Tarp
    many of my tarps
    Insulation
    yeti, Incubators
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by nothermark View Post
    FWIW - not trying to hijack the thread but in terms of stove fuel Miller talked about using charcoal bricks with a pinhole draft to burn all night. This was in at least 2 books from the 19teens so I have no source in mind. I have no idea if that is something that can be found today or how one would make out tossing in a load of briquets and shutting down the draft. I just thought I would toss it out for you hot tent guys to play with if you choose to.
    I have used charcoal in the past just to get it going when everything is wet. Have not tried what you mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by fallkniven View Post
    ooo, that one looks roomy. I'm still loving mine, especially right now I've been eyeballing tigoat's new design, waiting for their larger model to come out. Does that heavier fabric hold the heat in noticeably better than the sil?
    Yes,, I can tell a difference in the heavier fabric holding heat better... But, I'll still use the 1.1 when backpacking it in to hunt out of...

Quote Originally Posted by Walking Bear View Post
    That is a great looking new house.
    Thx-ee WB... being a base camp shelter I can add a refeg, TV,,, whatever...

Hammock
    DIY Insulated 3.5 season
    Insulation
    Boreal Beast UQ
    Suspension
    Straps and rings .
    Quote Originally Posted by nothermark View Post

I think that this could be dangerous for the following reasons .
    Charcoal has the ability to produce CO same as any carbon based fuel does , but it may not produce nearly as much smoke as a smoldering log does . Your tent filling up with smoke will get your attention in a hurry . Your tent filling up with CO may just put you in the long sleep without ever getting your attention . Many stoves count on shutting off a flue damper to reduce draft . Myself I try to reduce primary air first and reduce the draw on the flue sparingly .

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast