wbbb xlc, rr, wwm
    Tarp
    HG cuben,Superfly
    Insulation
    WL, HG
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings

New xlc

Just got my Black Friday deal 1.1 dbl xlc with both tops. Hung it up in the basement to try it out, it is fantastic. Much roomier than my old blackbird, more height width and way more length. Calf pressure is gone and I can lay very perfectly on my left side but not on my right. I can even swing a leg over when on my side and feels remarkably like spooning with the mrs. It is perfect except one major flaw. The zipper starts and ends by your head and you can't open the top all the way to flip the top over the ridge line. When you sit it in lounge style the darn top is pulling on your side and neck. That being said it lays very similar to a lite owl which is probably still a touch more comfortable. But it is far more comftable than my nx-250 and way way way more comfortable than my regular blackbird.

Hammock
    WBXLC, WBBB, LiteOwl
    Tarp
    Superfly, MambaJam
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix, WL Sum
    Suspension
    Webbing, Whoopies
    Images
    Cst - I have to agree with you about that darn zipper. I wish it was closer to the end of the hammock instead of staring me in the eyes. But I still wouldn't trade my XLC for anything

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    HG on order
    That's the one thing that I was wondering about. It doesn't make a lit of sense, but I love the hammock. I got mine on Friday.

Hammock
    DL1.1XLC/ BIAS WWM/ DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/ DIY
    Insulation
    N/A
    Suspension
    depends...
    Did you guys get a shipping notice or just get a surprise in the mail one day? I ordered an xlc 1.1 double as well and haven't gotten a notification yet of shipping...
    "We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it."- G. W. Sears

My forum name is Fish<><; I'm in the navy; and I hate sleeping on the ground. If I didn't need ground to walk on or measure resistance to, I think I could happily give it up.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    HG on order
    I got a shipping notice from paypal

Hammock
    DL1.1XLC/ BIAS WWM/ DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/ DIY
    Insulation
    N/A
    Suspension
    depends...
    Gotcha, thanks. Guess I just have to be a little more patient. Its just that my new cuben tarp needs his friend...
    "We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it."- G. W. Sears

My forum name is Fish<><; I'm in the navy; and I hate sleeping on the ground. If I didn't need ground to walk on or measure resistance to, I think I could happily give it up.

Hammock
    wbbb xlc, rr, wwm
    Tarp
    HG cuben,Superfly
    Insulation
    WL, HG
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    I got a shipping notice last Thursday, and it showed up Monday.

Hammock
    Clark nx 250, WB xlc 1.7dbl,WB rr d
    Tarp
    OMW, vertex
    Insulation
    incubator0,phoenix
    Suspension
    whoopie,atlas,web
    Quote Originally Posted by Cst View Post
    Just got my Black Friday deal 1.1 dbl xlc with both tops. Hung it up in the basement to try it out, it is fantastic. Much roomier than my old blackbird, more height width and way more length. Calf pressure is gone and I can lay very perfectly on my left side but not on my right. I can even swing a leg over when on my side and feels remarkably like spooning with the mrs. It is perfect except one major flaw. The zipper starts and ends by your head and you can't open the top all the way to flip the top over the ridge line. When you sit it in lounge style the darn top is pulling on your side and neck. That being said it lays very similar to a lite owl which is probably still a touch more comfortable. But it is far more comftable than my nx-250 and way way way more comfortable than my regular blackbird.
    Ok so of all the hammocks mentioned the lite owl is your favorite?
    When I was a kid the only time we were in the house was to eat and sleep.

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl &amp; WB XLC
    Tarp
    OESMCD W/PMOD
    Insulation
    Yeti UQ, JRB HR TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I have a WWBB and Lite Owl. The Lite Owl is my go to hammock... very comfortable for a side sleeper. However, I am not a big fan of add-on bug nets. So, I use my WWBB during bug season. The WWBB calf ridge is handled by placing my clothes sack under my knees. This does not allow for full side sleeping, but it's manageable. I am hoping that the mirror XLC will be the best of both worlds. Especially looking forward to the expanded view the XLC provides over the Blackbird.
    "It's a wanderful life."

Hammock
    wbbb xlc, rr, wwm
    Tarp
    HG cuben,Superfly
    Insulation
    WL, HG
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    The lite owl and the xlc lay very similar in my opinion, the little cinch points on the lite owl make it work better than the xlc in traveler mode. I personally prefer the bug net attached so I suppose I like the xlc better. I really didn't care much for the cramped space and calf pressure in the regular blackbird, the xlc sovles both problems. I'm 6'1" 185 lbs, I had a lot of calf pressure in the regular and none in the xlc.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast