Tarp
    Bonefire™ Shadow
    Insulation
    Bonefire™ UQ
    Suspension
    Bonefire™ Deluxe
    Images

SOLD: SL Bonefire Hammock Prototype

For Sale is my first and only single layer Bonefire Hammock. It includes integrated DWR 850 fill down insulation rated to 40F, zippered bugnet (3/4 zip along right side) and continuous loop suspension. Hammock length is 9.5'x4.5'.
    The hammock body is gray 1.6oz, the inner liner of the UQ is black Argon, the UQ's outer layer is blue M50, the bugnet is asymmetrically cut and is made from .7oz nanoseeum.

Weight is ~1.3 lbs.

Weight limit for this prototype is 120 lbs.

I'm asking $250 for the hammock and shipping. These hammocks have bee running in the $300-350 range. I'm offering this hammock at a lower price for two reasons: one, because it is Christmas and you can consider this like a "Black Friday makeup sale" if you'd like, and two, because I'm moving soon and would like to make room for more inventory in the future.

Feel free to ask any questions you would like. Pictures will be up once I get home from work.
    -Jeremy "Brother Bones"
    Quote Originally Posted by FLRider View Post
    ...he's a mountain goat crossed with a marathoner.

Hammock
    DIY FLYING BUTTREST Bridge or WBRR
    Tarp
    Leaves/Luck/DIY
    Insulation
    UnluckyGeese of HG
    Suspension
    Whoopiedyne Vines
    Images
    120 pounds? Man, I need to lose weight! This is going to be a score for somebody.
    Trail information, photos, waterfalls and vistas on the DeSoto Scout Trail facebook page.
    https://www.facebook.com/desoto.trai.../photos_albums

Soon I'll lose these rags and run, Returning to the wild where I'm from. -Chris Whitley

Hammock
    DIY 11 footers
    Tarp
    Chinook
    Insulation
    AHE and GoLite
    Suspension
    Webbing cinch
    Images
    Ooohh the mystical bonefire hammock! Sweet....

Banned
    Hammock
    Sold
    Insulation
    Varies
    Suspension
    Depends
    Interested, however, none of the adults in my family will fit. The only member that is under a 120 pounds is also very tall, about 6 ft. 4 ins. I do not think she would fit. Great deal for someone lucky lady.

Hammock
    Grizzbridge/RR/DIY GE/Pares
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckle/strap
    I was that weight once.

Hammock
    Grizzbridge/RR/DIY GE/Pares
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckle/strap
    Might suit a child/girl/amputee.

Banned
    Hammock
    Sold
    Insulation
    Varies
    Suspension
    Depends
    It would also fit a young man or maybe a male from another country were men are not as large as they are in the USA.

I am in Oregon right now, the majortiy of adults are large compared to other places I have lived. Interesting how different parts of the USA have the average population within a certain size range. Many men here are tall, women too, not unusal for young women to be over six feet.

Anyway, I would love to see images of the hammock. Hint, Hint hurry home from work, I want to SEE what to see what your creation looks like.

Hammock
    Bonefire™ Bridge
    Tarp
    Bonefire™ Shadow
    Insulation
    Bonefire™ UQ
    Suspension
    Bonefire™ Deluxe
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by halfastronomical View Post
    120 pounds? Man, I need to lose weight! This is going to be a score for somebody.
    It holds me at 160# just fine, but I'm concerned about long term durability with anyone much over 120# due to the strength of the SL.

Quote Originally Posted by priller View Post
    Ooohh the mystical bonefire hammock! Sweet....
    Thanks, man, I hope someone else thinks so too.

Quote Originally Posted by IRONFISH45 View Post
    Interested, however, none of the adults in my family will fit. The only member that is under a 120 pounds is also very tall, about 6 ft. 4 ins. I do not think she would fit. Great deal for someone lucky lady.
    A person at 6' has fit just fine in this hammock with a reduced leg RL (setting up the head end almost a foot lower than the foot end.

Quote Originally Posted by kerryandjane View Post
    I was that weight once.
    I haven't been that weight since middle school. It holds me at 160#, but durability of the seams might prove problematic after several years at 160#. I'd rather this be someone's hammock for the next 5-10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by kerryandjane View Post
    Might suit a child/girl/amputee.
    I wanted to keep it for my wife, but alas, she doesn't camp.

Quote Originally Posted by IRONFISH45 View Post
    It would also fit a young man or maybe a male from another country were men are not as large as they are in the USA.

I am in Oregon right now, the majortiy of adults are large compared to other places I have lived. Interesting how different parts of the USA have the average population within a certain size range. Many men here are tall, women too, not unusal for young women to be over six feet.

Anyway, I would love to see images of the hammock. Hint, Hint hurry home from work, I want to SEE what to see what your creation looks like.
    You can check out the first edition in MedicineMan's video from the Middle Prong Wilderness until I get home it is the only one without a bugnet.

I also forgot to mention that this hammock comes with a side pocket and is designed to have someone sleep left to right getting in and out on the right (weird, but works better with this hammock.
    -Jeremy "Brother Bones"
    Quote Originally Posted by FLRider View Post
    ...he's a mountain goat crossed with a marathoner.

Banned
    Hammock
    Sold
    Insulation
    Varies
    Suspension
    Depends
    I also forgot to mention that this hammock comes with a side pocket and is designed to have someone sleep left to right getting in and out on the right (weird, but works better with this hammock.[/QUOTE]

I do not think it is weird to sleep left to right, entering and exiting on the right, that is how I have been doing things since I started Hanging around.

Very interesting, too bad my family are not smaller people. I am the only short person, and my weight is over your suggestion.

I do like that you want someone to adopt your creation and enjoy it for years to come. Great job.

Hammock
    SuperiorGear or Dutch netless
    Tarp
    custom pentagon
    Insulation
    down hammock or UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Mantis
    Images

for my kid?

Quote Originally Posted by FireInMyBones View Post
    For Sale is my first and only single layer Bonefire Hammock. It includes integrated DWR 850 fill down insulation rated to 40F, zippered bugnet (3/4 zip along right side) and continuous loop suspension. Hammock length is 9.5'x4.5'.
    The hammock body is gray 1.6oz, the inner liner of the UQ is black Argon, the UQ's outer layer is blue M50, the bugnet is asymmetrically cut and is made from .7oz nanoseeum.

Weight is ~1.3 lbs.

Weight limit for this prototype is 120 lbs.

I'm asking $250 for the hammock and shipping. These hammocks have bee running in the $300-350 range. I'm offering this hammock at a lower price for two reasons: one, because it is Christmas and you can consider this like a "Black Friday makeup sale" if you'd like, and two, because I'm moving soon and would like to make room for more inventory in the future.

Feel free to ask any questions you would like. Pictures will be up once I get home from work.
    Did I see this at Hot Springs?
    "I wonder if anyone else has an ear so tuned and sharpened as I have, to detect the music, not of the spheres, but of earth, subtleties of major and minor chord that the wind strikes upon the tree branches. Have you ever heard the earth breathe... ?"
    - Kate Chopin

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast