WBBBXLC
    Tarp
    Super fly
    Insulation
    sleeping bag
    Suspension
    strap and buckle

warbonnet xlc

Well I just thought I would share my latest wb experience. After the fantastic dealings with Brandon on my super fly purchase I knew my next hammock was going to be a wb brand. I placed my order on the 16th and received my shipping notice 3 days later. Right before Christmas and after black Friday he must be downing energy shots and running a super charged machine to crank them out. I cannot wait to post my review. As a 6'5" 245lb guy it will be awesome to have more room. Thanks to all the people on this forum and our cottage vendors for saving us from mass produced big box store gear.
    Cummins powered.
    Gear: superfly tarp gt double hung from whoopies and an eno bug net.
    WBBB XLC under a super fly

Hammock
    WBBBXLC
    Tarp
    Super fly
    Insulation
    sleeping bag
    Suspension
    strap and buckle
    Well the xlc arrived with a satisfying thud on my front porch. It immediately got opened up and deployed in the living room. It's nice having a wife who is fine with eye hooks in her walls lol. First impressions are those of great quality and I love the stuff sack setup. I opted to try the buckle suspension this time as my last hammock had whoopies. They are a speedy system and are less involved than the whoopies. Just one pass around the tree and the click of the spring gate. The nylon used is super smooth and comfortable to lay on and the netting is great. Both materials feel top notch. I like how the bottom section of the net is no longer a panel of nylon but a section of netting so you can see. I cant really find a real downfall to it. The leg room is unmatched to anything else I have laid in and you lay really flat. I could sleep on my side if I wanted. I opted for the c part of xlc and The switch from bug net to cocoon mode is quick simple and effective. I would like to have seen the start of the zipper closer to the end of the hammock and maybe a second zipper on it to be able to adjust the open and close point. But this is the best I can come up with in the constructive criticism department. When I get a day off I will get the sf over it and take some pics. Love the product.
    Cummins powered.

Hammock
    Clark nx 250, WB xlc 1.7dbl,WB rr d
    Tarp
    OMW, vertex
    Insulation
    incubator0,phoenix
    Suspension
    whoopie,atlas,web
    Just ordered my xlc 1.7 with top, will be interesting to see how it compares to my clark nx 250.
    When I was a kid the only time we were in the house was to eat and sleep.

Hammock
    WBBBXLC
    Tarp
    Super fly
    Insulation
    sleeping bag
    Suspension
    strap and buckle
    Well I went outside today to test the new gear. It made it up to 45 with sun so I could not resist the urge to hang in the xlc. I popped the bug net off and put the cover on and the temp increase was great. It was very windy outside andi was chilly with the bug net. my phone has a thermometer app to tell current conditions and with the cover and sun it was a toasty 85. If your not sure about the cover I must say for 65 bucks get it. It's great to kill the chill and wind. And the fact that you can't get it later you may as well get it while you can. My wife laid in it and now warbonnet will be getting another order for a bb xlc because she is in love with it and the options. And of course that means another super fly lol.
    Cummins powered.

Hammock
    WBBBXLC
    Tarp
    Super fly
    Insulation
    sleeping bag
    Suspension
    strap and buckle
    Here is the xlc in winter mode and compared to the sf. With the cover I had 26 degrees inside and 5 outside.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Cummins powered.

• + New Posts