WBRR / WBBB
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG / UGQ
    Suspension
    Buckles / Whoopies

Cool indoor assistance please!

hey y'all, i want to hang my hennessy expedition indoors, and im wondering if eye bolt into studs will be strong enough to hold me up. im 5' 3" and 117 lbs. will this work? the reason i want to use the hennessy indoors is because the bug net helps to keep my blanket from falling out of the hammock. im looking into going full time hanging. we once had a contractor come to our home to find out how strong it is, and we have a stud every 4 inches in our walls. it would also help to see some installation vids. thanks!just curious if it'll work!

The Lowcountry - SC (previously Boston, MA)
    Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Slings, Dutchware
    There are some threads on here that discuss this. If you search youtube there are a few videos on it. Some folks seem to make it complicated. Just pick any two studs and it should be plenty strong enough. It can be done without an electric drill. Just use a nail or small screw to create a pilot hole, then use a screwdriver as leverage to hand screw the eyebolts into place.

I used 3/8 eyebolts purchased from Home Depot. Very important to use a stud finder and drill/nail a few pilots holes if necessary to make sure you are in the CENTER of the STUD.

I am 6' 180lbs and mine has given me no problems after about a month of steady use.

fishwater youtube channel: Check out my channel to see backpacking in New England

Hammock
    DIY HyperD 11"
    Tarp
    HH Hex
    Insulation
    DIY UQ & down bag
    Suspension
    Whoopies & straps
    Quote Originally Posted by DRobertson View Post
    hey y'all, i want to hang my hennessy expedition indoors, and im wondering if eye bolt into studs will be strong enough to hold me up. im 5' 3" and 117 lbs. will this work? the reason i want to use the hennessy indoors is because the bug net helps to keep my blanket from falling out of the hammock. im looking into going full time hanging. we once had a contractor come to our home to find out how strong it is, and we have a stud every 4 inches in our walls. it would also help to see some installation vids. thanks!just curious if it'll work!
    Every 4 inches is insane. Studs are 1 3/4" wide... I'd have that double-checked. Either way I believe that an eyebolt into a board that is then screwed (not nailed) into either 2 or 3 of the studs should be fine for your weight just to be on the safe side.

Hammock
    11’ Dogger hammock
    Tarp
    SLD winter haven
    Insulation
    HG incubator 0*
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    I have my hennessy explorer in the house and I used eye bolts and never had a problem. Make sure you find the center of the stud and pre drill the hole so you don't split the stud. I am 5'8" 180lbs and the studs hold me.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 Dbl xlc
    Tarp
    HG cuben
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Dutch bkls
    The biggest factor concerning the strength of a stud is the point at which you make your attachment. Closer to the top of the wall will result in less deflection of the stud from the hammock load. Not to say that the stud wouldn't bear the load of your hammock but that the deflection nearer the mid point might cause your wallboard or plaster to crack.

HHS newbie above offers good basic advise.

David

Hammock
    Eno dn/BAIS
    Tarp
    real tree hunters
    Insulation
    peapod
    Suspension
    whoopie
    Fishwater is right. 5'11" and as much as a truck.
    Carpe noctem!!

• + New Posts