Tablecloth w/ fronkey net
    Tarp
    Toxaway
    Insulation
    TUCKuilt, pad
    Suspension
    Whoopies & straps
    My prayer for you Dave:

Dear Lord, please give Dave and his family and friends strength and wisdom in dealing with this cancer. Please comfort them with Your presence as they move forward in this battle. I hope that You provide his family with all the resources (financial, medical, emotional, etc,) they will need. I thank You for how many, seemingly, strangers here at HF have already pledged their prayers, good wishes, and support. May we all find our part/role in showing more support and grace as group of hammock hangers for those in need among us. In Your name I humbly pray, Amen.

-Tuck
    Last edited by Tuck; 12-27-2013 at 11:29.

Senior Member AppalachianHammock's Avatar
    Here's hoping you get well soon brother.
    -Ryan and Kyle Baker, Owners
    www.AppalachianHammock.com

Images
    Smoke and prayers.

Hammock
    Crinkle Custom
    Tarp
    HH
    Insulation
    brrr
    Suspension
    Whoopies, Straps
    Praying for you brother, I know its scary.
    "What one Man can do, another can do!"
    Jons4real

http://www.youtube.com/user/jons4real

Hammock
    Grand Trunk Nano 7
    Tarp
    Exped Poncho/Tarp
    Insulation
    WallcreepBivanorak
    Suspension
    Eno SlapStrap Pro
    Pleomorphic changes of Bacteria, Viruses, and Fungi.... leads to cancer. Please everyone, take the time to check out these links and what can be done to cure ourselves without radiation, pills, obamacare, etc... Do your own research. Look into the magnetic healing started by Tesla, Dr. Robert Beck, and Dr. Hulda Clark.

http://www.rense.com/general95/bacmicro.html

http://members.iimetro.com.au/~hubbca/pleomorphism.htm

http://www.cardstonmed.com/pleomorph...-diseases.html

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Minifly/Pappy Plce
    Insulation
    Down/Apex
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Prayers sent your way Dave. We're all with you.

Pappy

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    HGCub/Deluxe Spinn
    Insulation
    HGP/SSF/JRBHR/HGBu
    Suspension
    line/ring/strap
    Dave...more prayers your way. I believe this hammock community is, in its way, a hammock church...a nondenominational communion of folks who care for each other. I'm sure all the notes to you make the point. We all listen for the bell, and when someone else hears it, we are reminded about it. The doc's are good, getting better, and we are all with you, all the way. Its our shared hike.

Hammock
    DH thunderbird, TTTG switchback
    Tarp
    OMW
    Insulation
    pads, -25*UQ,0*TQ
    Suspension
    whoopies, straps
    My prayers are with you and your family.

Banned
    Hammock
    Sold
    Insulation
    Varies
    Suspension
    Depends
    Hey, Dave, All the people ahead of me have said everything I might have said. I was DOA ten years ago. No one expected me to survive. I did, I am here I enjoy my life with a new zest.

Part of how I survived was that I fight, I argue and I am tenacious. I listened to what the doctor's told me, I used my prior knowledge, I thought everything through. I used my own judgement on what was best for me. I became very serious about what I chose to eat. I only eat fresh, natural food. I stay away from sodium, I eat only natural food absolutely no preservatives.

I worked for Cross Cancer Institute in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. I know that the clients attitude is all important. You have many friends who will be sending you positive thoughts and prayers, so get to work on your recovery, knowledge is power, learn everything you are able to absorb. Treatment for your type of Cancer has improved steadily over the past years. You can fight, we will all support you.

Take care of yourself first then your family next is your business. You have to do whatever needs to be done for yourself first so you can take care of the other important things in life.

Hammock
    Diy bridge
    Images
    I've found inspiration from another cyclist, a real man by the name of Bob Breedlove.

He used to say, "It's another day in paradise." It's a mantra I try to remember when things get tough.

He died doing what he loved, which was apparently punishing himself in an ultracycling event with no equal: RAAM. After that tragedy, many stories came out about people he touched. I particularly like this one from Paris-Brest-Paris (a world famous 750 miles endurance race):

Bob showed up in Paris with his longtime support crew; a brand new Calfee tandem painted in red, white, and blue and cases of Spizz, the liquid diet he lived on for long rides. It was a traveling endurance circus radiating this unlikely mix of confidence, good will, and sheer silliness that was Bob's unique style. We laughed and joked across France. At one of the final control points, Bob stopped a Swedish woman rider who was in the process of turning in her number, abandoning the race.

"What are you doing?" he asked with that big smile of his.

"I'm finished with PBP," she announced, sounding angry and relieved.

Bob nodded. "Sure. Hey, what's your favorite 100-kilometer training ride back home? An easy one."

This exhausted woman stared at Bob as if he were mad, but then he gave her that grin and she described a beautiful ride of rolling hills near her home.

"Fine," Bob nodded. "So that's the ride you're going to do today. Forget about PBP. All you do is get on your bike and ride that ride in your head. You can handle that ride any day, right?"

She stared and then started to smile, if only a little. "That's all you have to do today," Bob said gently. "Just ride that little 100k ride you love. Easy as pie."

Later that day, back at the finish outside of Paris, I saw her hug Bob and burst into tears.
    (Source)

Best Wishes, Lost Biker.

• + New Posts
  • Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast