Hammock
    Warbonnet RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    Insulhammock
    Insulation
    gigantic beer gut
    Suspension
    Never got caught
    Dave, I don't know you but I hope that you are lifted by prayers and your spirit heals quickly.

Hammock
    Sierra Madre Ninox
    Tarp
    DIY 12x10/Stratos
    Insulation
    HG UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Straps/Amsteel UCR
    Images
    Keep your head up and put it in his hands friend. I and many others I am sure are and will continue to pray for you. I wish you well and add me to the list that would help anyway I can. Merry Christmas LB.

Hammock
    blackbird
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear
    Insulation
    yeti
    Suspension
    web/cinchbuckle/DC
    Images
    Dave, we are adding our prayers and light for you and your family. My wife was given 6 months to live with stage 4 kidney cancer.... ten years ago. Medical science is good but not perfect. Try the recommended treatments, and if that doesn't work, then seek out clinical trials. We went all over the US seeking treatment and participating in clinical trials, until something worked. You have the right attitude, it is a battle and your body is the war zone. I highly recommend your read "Living in Limbo", written by a fellow cancer warrior. We found that book extremely helpful with the mental and emotional part of this battle.
    Above all talk... talk to your wife, your doctor, your family and your friends. They are each an arrow in your quiver. Together you can face the upcoming months. God speed, Robin

Hammock
    HH Hyperlite, BMBH UL
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Images
    Sending you good mojo for a speedy recovery. Anyone who says that their Christmas is ruined, when you just found out you have cancer, has some serious issues...
    Demeter's Video Channel

Demeter's Blog

"What is a weed? A plant who's virtues have not yet been discovered" ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    DIY Digi Camo DL
    Tarp
    Maxi Tarp
    Insulation
    Underquilts Lewis
    Suspension
    Rings and Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by oldbiker View Post
    Haven't been a member very long and do not know you but, I understand. I just had my second operation Friday on my bladder for cancer and got the call today to start chemo injections. My prayers will include you.
    Old biker - Thank you and I'll be praying for you too! Not sure if they want to operate or go with chemo or both yet. Just have to do one day at a time and start living! Take care and know that your not alone.

Peace,

Dave
    I got in a fight one time with a really big guy, and he said, "I'm going to mop the floor with your face." I said, "You'll be sorry." He said, "Oh, yeah? Why?" I said, "Well, you won't be able to get into the corners very well."

Underquilts.com

Hammock
    DIY Digi Camo DL
    Tarp
    Maxi Tarp
    Insulation
    Underquilts Lewis
    Suspension
    Rings and Straps
    Images
    Woke up refreshed - slept good after too many bad nights. Thanks to everyone for the prayers/good thoughts.

I know there are other forum members who have cancer or some illness and wish them peace and hope. I know attitude has a lot to do with recovery and stress is detrimental to getting a leg up the recovery ladder.

I cant express how much hope you people have given me and for getting me back into the light. The long night will have to wait for me as I refuse to open that door - it's locked and barricaded.

I wish everyone a great holiday and a safe New Year. For those that are sick - your in my thoughts and prayers. For those that are alone - your never alone if you have just one friend - even strangers can be a friend.

Thank you!

Dave
    I got in a fight one time with a really big guy, and he said, "I'm going to mop the floor with your face." I said, "You'll be sorry." He said, "Oh, yeah? Why?" I said, "Well, you won't be able to get into the corners very well."

Underquilts.com

Hammock
    Dutch 11' single Hexon1.6
    Tarp
    UGQ WD11
    Insulation
    AHE Jarbridge
    Suspension
    DW Cinch Buckle
    My prayers are with you as you face this challenge. When I had news of bladder cancer in 2000, I was stunned. Your temporary withdraw is understandable. You needed time to adjust to the news. There is a quote from Mother Teresa that I makes me smile at times. Maybe it will help you: "God never gives us more than we are able to handle - I just wish He did not trust me so much." It is paraphrased but I am sure you get the point.

Hammock
    INSULHAMMOCK
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    INSULHAMMOCK
    Suspension
    I was expelled
    Images
    Keep your chin up, gunner76 said it best slow down but don't give up. keep that ph in the middle and watch your diet nothing refined. we are all here for you! ....peace
    Ignorance is simply not knowing, Stupidity is knowing and not doing. "Stupidity should be painful"

"Have you ever stood and stared at it, marveled at its beauty, its genius? Billions of people just living out their lives oblivious" Agent Smith, The Matrix

Please leave suggestions and comments on our H.O.C.
    http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=57721

Come check out our Creation
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uw7-XGKnDU

Insulhammock
    http://camping-hammock.us/

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 Dbl
    Tarp
    WBSF, MacCat STD
    Insulation
    PLUQ w/Thermarest
    Dave - Although I don't post often, I have been a member, and pretty much a daily visitor to this board for some time. You can consider me a concerned distant cousin. Best wishes to you during this trying time from a member of your HF family.

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    Hinterland gear
    Insulation
    down bag
    Suspension
    strap & E.T.'s
    Images
    Hope you're having a Merry Christmas and prayers for improved health.
    Good luck,
    RED

My Youtube Channel

Deep peace of the running wave to you.
    Deep peace of the flowing air to you.
    Deep peace of the quiet earth to you.
    Deep peace of the shining stars to you.
    Deep peace without end to you.
    adapted from - ancient gaelic runes

• + New Posts
  • Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast