Quote Originally Posted by TeeDee View Post
Yes - I learned of the Zeppelin Bend here on the forums - it's become my favorite bend. Easy and fast to tie and holds really well. I've even stopped tying safety knots for it.
Is there a way to tie a whoopie sling and a ridgeline to this knot? Or is there some kind of splice?

I guess that I'm wondering what the best way would be to tie the suspension if I use 7/64" Amsteel for the entire suspension of the bridge. From reading around, I'm thinking that there should be a way to run a length of Amsteel through the bridge as the arc material, splice in an amsteel ring to take the spreader bars, tie/splice the two pieces together at each end to make the suspension and run a whoopie sling from each to the tree hugger.

Problem is, I can't find the best knots/splices to use for each of those items. It seems to me that the splice/bury techniques are the best, the strongest, and the cleanest and would prefer to use them, but experimenting on my own just isn't getting it done.

Would this work, and if so, are there links to the recommended knots/splices? Is 7/64" Amsteel the best way to go for this for comfort & lightness, or do I need to go with the AS-78?

If it is not the best way to go, can you tell me where I am going wrong?

Thanks everyone,

SN