Images

Needles for 29K171 thread injector

I recently received a 29K171 for helping a friend. After a little cleaning and oiling I took a thick terry cloth towel and folded it so it was 4 layers thick. It sewed that with ease. I have used it on a couple of projects but on the last job I pulled on the fabric and made the needle miss the hole in the needle plate. That was my only needle. I have found some internet locations that sell parts but would like suggestions on places where people have gotten good service. Also what size needles should I get? I use the machine for heavy cloth and have not used it for leather. It has a electric motor and a homemade clutch and a crank but I would like a variable speed motor for it. Do you have any suggestions as to a source for low cost low speed variable speed motors?

Hammock
    Homemade
    Tarp
    Homemade
    Suspension
    Readystraps
    Nice Moshin! What size needle is in it?
    Try here > Singer 29 class >>> http://www.cutexsewingsupplies.com/s...les/Categories
    I get a lot of my needles and parts from these guys and have never had an issue with them. Fast shipping and they will answer your phone calls everytime.
    Far as Motors, I bought (3) 1HP servo motors off a guy on Ebay for about $150 ea.
    You can slow them down to nothing or by turning a dial, make them take off like a squirrel on crack.

Hammock
    Exped Ergo
    Tarp
    Exped Combi
    Insulation
    Sleeping bag+pad
    Suspension
    Eyelet line+ biner
    I'm not familiar with that machine, but a quick search seems to show that the needles are common:
    29x4
    29x3

There are quite a few suppliers who list those needles, so you should be able to find them, though not at the local fabric store, I think.

About the motor: a lot of folks are retrofitting industrial sewing machines with servo motors to replace the clutch motors. eBay seems to have listings - I was checking them out a few months back.

You've got a few more things to type into the search engine now!

Good luck!

Hammock
    Homemade
    Tarp
    Homemade
    Suspension
    Readystraps
    I think you should just sell it to me for short money and forget about all those motors and needles and such.

Images
    Thanks for the information. The 29X3 needle comes is in size 16 through 24. I will take some measurements of my broken needle and then give them a call.
    I like the old thing and it does come in handy sometimes so it is not for sale.

• + New Posts