Snipe/Dutch
    Tarp
    Superfly/Minifly
    Insulation
    MAMW TQ / HG UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch and Whoopies

Many Questions swimming in my head.

So I'm pretty sure I'm pulling the trigger on some gear soon but I have the not a lot of money blues. So I have to be careful. I really like the WBBB but I just found the Dream hammock Dangerbird and Thunderbird.I like that they both come with over covers for not much more cash and the net is removable. Has anyone had experience with any of these hammocks?
    Also does anyone know if the WB Mambajamba will fit a 11ft DH thunderbird?

Hammock
    90"x11' DIY Tablecloth
    Tarp
    UGQ WinterDream 11
    Insulation
    SnuggleBug
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch buckle
    The Dangerbirds/Thunderbirds are super comfy!! Yes, a Mambajamba will fit an 11' with some tarp extending over each end. A 12' ridgeline will give you more coverage, but the 11' ones will work.
    Just me being me

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Palmetto State Hangers Treasurer <--Facebook Group Page
    [COLOR="#008000"][SIZE=2]SC Fall Sprawl 2016-Santee State Park - October 13-16---->

Hammock
    Snipe/Dutch
    Tarp
    Superfly/Minifly
    Insulation
    MAMW TQ / HG UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch and Whoopies
    Cool thanks Junebugdawn.
    Im still wondering if a 10ft or 11ft would be best.
    Im 5'10'' 200lbs.
    I realize that 11 foot hammocks are for 6' and above but Ive read that some people my height like a larger hammock but I don't want to overkill.
    Just trying to be smart.
    Keyword is trying.

Hammock
    Eno single/ HH
    Tarp
    Speer winter
    Insulation
    JRB TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    From trees
    If you can wait a bit. Look through the forums for local hangers and see if you can test lay a 10 or 11 footer. I recently went on a hang with a. Shorter guy who loves his 11 footer for a lot of reasons I can't remember but the one I do remember is he likes a lot of room. On the same trip I ran into someone who was near 6' and like his 9 footer because of less material less weight and he said his was super comfy. I am also 5-10 but weigh quite a bit more then you and lay in a ENO single which is from okay to great depending on how I set it up. I have looked into the hammocks you have spoken of but am waiting to try more out before making an informed decision.

Hammock
    Snipe/Dutch
    Tarp
    Superfly/Minifly
    Insulation
    MAMW TQ / HG UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch and Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbuck View Post
    If you can wait a bit. Look through the forums for local hangers and see if you can test lay a 10 or 11 footer. I recently went on a hang with a. Shorter guy who loves his 11 footer for a lot of reasons I can't remember but the one I do remember is he likes a lot of room. On the same trip I ran into someone who was near 6' and like his 9 footer because of less material less weight and he said his was super comfy. I am also 5-10 but weigh quite a bit more then you and lay in a ENO single which is from okay to great depending on how I set it up. I have looked into the hammocks you have spoken of but am waiting to try more out before making an informed decision.
    Sounds like a good Idea man. I would definitely like to try one out before hand.
    Just so many cool things and I'm wanting to get out there ASAP !

Hammock
    Eno single/ HH
    Tarp
    Speer winter
    Insulation
    JRB TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    From trees
    Sounds like a good Idea man. I would definitely like to try one out before hand.
    Just so many cool things and I'm wanting to get out there ASAP !

Very true, if you have a direction of purchase run with it. I hang in an ENO bc I could get one for 50$ An start testing it out. I wish I went a slow route but couldn't. I started hangin a fewonths ago and love it. If you have some gear that will augment your purchases that might help too. Tarps and insulation doesn't have to be expensive but will be if you just go blasting away. There is a ton of DIY stuff on hear. If I had more skill I would definetly attempt it. One day. And you can leave gear alone or upgrade/change almost everything of find who can ;-)

Hammock
    Eno single/ HH
    Tarp
    Speer winter
    Insulation
    JRB TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    From trees
    Also a good hammock will last you for a long time. There are bugless models for less then a Hundo. Then you can upgrade to bug net right before that season. Chexk out Tthe vendors and get a price point in mind. If you have a pad and a good sleeping bag or quilt then some insulation issues are good to go. A tarp is relative to the weather your going to be camping in. You may spend more on fowl weather tarp right off and lug it in the summer until you can get a smaller tarp. Or figure out how to make a smaller tarp work for you. I splurged ona tarp with doors bc weight to me is not an issue if I can dry. I like off season camping bc it's not as got and less people on the trails.

Hammock
    Snipe/Dutch
    Tarp
    Superfly/Minifly
    Insulation
    MAMW TQ / HG UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch and Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbuck View Post
    Also a good hammock will last you for a long time. There are bugless models for less then a Hundo. Then you can upgrade to bug net right before that season. Chexk out Tthe vendors and get a price point in mind. If you have a pad and a good sleeping bag or quilt then some insulation issues are good to go. A tarp is relative to the weather your going to be camping in. You may spend more on fowl weather tarp right off and lug it in the summer until you can get a smaller tarp. Or figure out how to make a smaller tarp work for you. I splurged ona tarp with doors bc weight to me is not an issue if I can dry. I like off season camping bc it's not as got and less people on the trails.
    Thanks for the input man.
    Glad to know I'm not the only one thinking what Im thinking.....
    Where I'm at we only have one time without bugs....winter...lol
    (sad but true)
    so a net is an absolute.
    I was also curious about the door thing.
    We get some pretty intense rain without warning in our area so they are probably a good idea to have.
    But it is definitely a weight penalty.
    If I win the lottery soon I will just go cuben.....sooo nice.
    Basically its what I want and what I can actually afford i guess.
    Time to unload some stuff on ebay.

Hammock
    Claytor
    Tarp
    MacCat delux Spinn
    Insulation
    CCF and Quilts
    Suspension
    web and buckles
    Images
    adkrella, I am in the Adks twice a month. Happy to have you join me on a trip. I can bring an extra hammock for you to try. I have a few, but none of those you were looking at. I have a few different tarps too. Regardless, I am always welcoming to new hangers when I head out into the woods. Just got back as a matter of fact. was in the Blue Ridge Wilderness checking out some potential trout ponds for the spring. Found a really nice campsite with tons of dead/down wood.

Hammock
    Snipe/Dutch
    Tarp
    Superfly/Minifly
    Insulation
    MAMW TQ / HG UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch and Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by DuctTape View Post
    adkrella, I am in the Adks twice a month. Happy to have you join me on a trip. I can bring an extra hammock for you to try. I have a few, but none of those you were looking at. I have a few different tarps too. Regardless, I am always welcoming to new hangers when I head out into the woods. Just got back as a matter of fact. was in the Blue Ridge Wilderness checking out some potential trout ponds for the spring. Found a really nice campsite with tons of dead/down wood.
    Whoa that's a heck of an offer man.
    Im way way up north but may be able to swing a trip south at some point.
    I really don't have any hammock gear yet but am looking at the basics so maybe when I get my top/under insulation sorted first?
    again...thanks for the offer that's so cool.
    Would I PM you or something to get in touch?

(I just added you to contacts and sent a friend request. )

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast