Sub-Divide the MarketPlace into countries

Hi. I've not been here long, so I hope I'm not speaking out of turn but I have found a wealth and experience and tips already on the forum and am currently a daily visitor.

I have noticed two threads recently roll-calling the UK and Australian members of the forum. I know that there are many more nationalities than just these two within the membership but I wonder if the MarketPlace (particularly the For Sale and Trade sections) could have a sub-forum for each group of countries - as it stands at the moment the vast majority of sales and trades are within the USA but any sales offered from the UK, Europe, Australia etc are lost within the mass of US offerings.

It would be great if we had a little space to advertise / browse items that are closer to home - it is so frustrating to see adverts for fantastic kit that it is just too costly to have shipped from the USA to the UK.

Not a complaint at all, just a suggestion. Thanks, Onfire

Hammock
    Darien UL
    Tarp
    ZPacks Cuben
    Insulation
    WL SSUQ/HG TQ
    Suspension
    Dyna Whoopies
    Instead of sub forums people in other countries could put their country in the thread title. Example: FS: AUS: Tarp

That could catch the attention of other Aussies, or whatever country the person is in.
    "As a well spent day brings happy sleep, a well spent life brings happy death." -Da Vinci

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SwinginIt View Post
    Instead of sub forums people in other countries could put their country in the thread title. Example: FS: AUS: Tarp

That could catch the attention of other Aussies, or whatever country the person is in.
    I agree. It would be really good to have the country in the title. It would save me having to skim through the post for "CONUS only". If the sale is open to anyone they can put something like "International Shipping extra." I've caught "Canada only" threads becasue they were in the title.
    Don't let life get in the way of living.

Hammock
    DH, WBBB, Dutch, DIY
    Tarp
    HG, WBSF, UGQ
    Insulation
    HG, LLG
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    The trick with putting the country in the title of the thread is that you'd have to make sure that it was longer than 3 characters, otherwise it's not searchable.

I'd suggest something like:

FS - This Piece of Gear - International

or:

FS - This Other Piece of Gear - Australia

something to that effect.

Excellent ideas. The country in the title would also help where International Postage is offered ... it just relies on everyone putting the country into the title (and everyone else knowing what to search for) to ensure that UK, for example, is listed so it appears in searches

• + New Posts