Tarp
    Zpack Cuben
    Insulation
    LeighLo/Yeti
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images

HH Adventure Racer

I have a HHULB and love it. I also have a 10 ounce Speer type for winter use. I am more comfortable in my Hennesy. I am considering an HH Adventure Racer for summer use to reduce weight considerably (1 pound less than my HHULB). I know that the Adventure Racer is not recommended for general backpacking but I only get to do one or two week-long trips a year and a few weekend trips throughout the year. I am very easy on all my gear and take very good care of it. I am 5'9" and 160 pounds so I am not too large for the AR. It seems to me that adventure racing would be tougher on gear than backpacking. Has anyone here used the Adventure Racer and if so how did or does it hold up?

Like Lewis & Clark: Wintrin' o/t Columbia again: PDX
    Hammock
    Clark w 2QZQ mod,Tropical, NX;Nano
    Tarp
    Clark micro
    Insulation
    Major down
    Suspension
    7/64 SK75 +strap
    Images
    Racer was discontinued 6 years ago. How does it differ from the Nano 7, which is just 5 oz w/o suspension?

You would want to know that limited lifespan of some nylon gear from 60 gears ago does not apply to such today.

Weight limit

On the weight question, I am 225 lbs. I know the adventure racer and ultralight backpacker are rate at 200 lbs. How much of a problem would it be i I tred an AR or UB?

Thanks,
    Lester

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB UQ of season
    Images
    MM and I both used the HHELR for a few year in "the old days"...Extreme light Racer... I have well over 60 nites in mine and MM is up there too (Hope he chimes in)...It is the same material and the same size as a HHBULA... Rare now...Still got mine... So does MM, though not in regualar use anymore.

Great 1 pound hammock with bug net

Pan
    Ounces to Grams.

www.jacksrbetter.com ... Largest supplier of camping quilts and under quilts...Home of the Original Nest Under Quilt, and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock. 800 595 0413

Hammock
    Traveler
    Tarp
    Zpack Cuben
    Insulation
    LeighLo/Yeti
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I just discovered this thread had been revised. I was able to get my hands on an Adventure Racer. I used it in the 100 mile wilderness last August where I ran into Pan and Smee at Rainbow Springs Lean To. I had 2Q add a side zipper and I changed suspension to whoopies. Weight came in at 12.7 oz. Only a couple oz heavier than my Nano-7 with HUG bug net. I had an accident with it at Abel Bridge and hit the ground at 2 am. It was my fault and not the hammocks. I made the mistake of adding second set of holes in the ends to route the whoops through and it weakened it. The end pulled completely off. I wound up doing a whipped end job on it at 2 am. It has held up well since and I still use it some. Just used it two weeks ago for a Devil's Fork Gap to Hot Springs hike. I have actually tried to get my hands on another one.

• + New Posts