WBRR, WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    WL OMW, DW Hex
    Insulation
    Lynx & Wooki UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Cilp Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctaD View Post
    Thanks to the mod for moving this to the appropriate subforum.
    And, thanks to all for the replies. I have already found with the RR, that the min distance is more problematic than the max. I've toyed with the idea of making the triangles smaller, but haven't yet tried it. I def. do not want it more tippy, and don't want to bend the spreader bars (I have the smaller version, I believe). My tarp is to be delivered today, so I'll be playing with it, and configuring my set up. Thanks again to all who have replied and had suggestions.
    DoctaD,

I've found that about 15 foot is optimum. For me that's about 5 paces. A little less is possible. More is possible but I found the sag begins to increase with the hang distance and the height at the tree is above my reach or my butt is very low.

I have shortened my head end suspension lines to 40" to decrease the minimum hang distance and to try and get the suspension triangles under my 12' ridge line tarp. When lying in the RR I do not notice any additional tippiness but when sitting up it is definitely a little more tippy. I'm 250 lbs and so far the shorter suspension lines have been no problem for the spreader bars. Next, I'm going to try and shorten the foot end suspension lines. I the tippiness does not get worse I'll stick with it.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner; Chameleon
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    UGQ Ambush 20
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    WVWanderer- Thanks for the reply. Having been dumped out of my hammock this weekend, I'm a bit reluctant to reduce the triangle size, but will continue to experiment with different hang distances. I appreciate the suggestions.

Hammock
    DIY Bridge db layer 1.1
    Tarp
    DIY 12'
    Insulation
    DIY Climashield
    Suspension
    amsteel/tree strap
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctaD View Post
    WVWanderer- Thanks for the reply. Having been dumped out of my hammock this weekend, I'm a bit reluctant to reduce the triangle size, but will continue to experiment with different hang distances. I appreciate the suggestions.
    I used the 83% of spreader bar width calculation that was suggested in Grizzs' videos and my DIY bridge is as stable as one could ever ask for. Heck some days I wish it was a little more tippy (just kidding) so that it would assist me in getting out of it (old and decrepit me)..

You might try measuring yours and comparing it to that to see if you've got a reasonable sizing going on.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12