Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Am I Nuts?

Images
    Some other scenes from same lake. That is Pingora Peak to one side of the cirque, and Wolf's Head etc. on the other side of the Lake where my son caught these fish. All at the head of the cirque.

100_0592.JPG

100_0601.JPG
    Last edited by BillyBob58; 04-02-2007 at 13:12.

Images
    You say you want to hang from boulders? Well here you go! I'm the old fat guy dragging up behind. But really, we were all exhausted. Boy did I sleep good that night in my HH!

P9070044.JPG

P9070041.JPG
    Last edited by BillyBob58; 04-02-2007 at 12:43.

Images
    Another shot from that same lake (Lonesome ). Plus my friend and few more boulders and Sharknose Peak on the other side of Continental Divide from Cirque of the Towers, at Shadow Lake. all these pics are last Sept., 1st week.
    Bill

PS: I just got a report that Hobb's Park, on the east side of the range about 10 miles east of the divide. got 72" of new snow in two days ending mar29!

LonsomeLakeGlaciers.JPG

4034-R1-10-15A.jpg
    Last edited by BillyBob58; 04-02-2007 at 12:43.

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Great pics BB58...looks like some pretty rugged terrain! I always like pics with mountains reflecting off of water like that.
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    WOW... beautiful places!!!
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Jeff View Post
    Great pics BB58...looks like some pretty rugged terrain! I always like pics with mountains reflecting off of water like that.

Oh Yeah, gotta love Yosemite! And those lakes which are the mirrors of nature. Good shots of your HH, too!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by slowhike View Post
    WOW... beautiful places!!!
    They really are, aren't they! But I notice all of the thumbnail pics are now gone from my posts, replaced with a little icon ( - ). If I click that icon, the pics then show up, though the quality seems much reduced. Except the very first, of the HH at Lonsome Lake. It just appears to be gone. I may have done something wrong on the posting of pics? Using up too much space at the site? I see now that maybe I should have used "insert image" instead of file attachment?

Or maybe I should have posted in a "gallery"? But how do you do that?
    Bill

Speaking of pics....

It was raining here all day yesterday, so I started weighing gear....

I discovered that my camera weights 19 ounces!!! It's a great Canon, takes great pics. Was expensive not so long ago at 4 mp. I simply can't carry it around anymore at that weight. It's either no pics for me, or I invest in a new camera!

Nice pics of the Winds. I can't weight to get out there. I'm trying to get my pack weight down, and deliberating over water treatments, clothing to take. I'm going to be ready to go and only 3 months to wait!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mmendell View Post
    Speaking of pics....

It was raining here all day yesterday, so I started weighing gear....

I discovered that my camera weights 19 ounces!!! It's a great Canon, takes great pics. Was expensive not so long ago at 4 mp. I simply can't carry it around anymore at that weight. It's either no pics for me, or I invest in a new camera!

Nice pics of the Winds. I can't weight to get out there. I'm trying to get my pack weight down, and deliberating over water treatments, clothing to take. I'm going to be ready to go and only 3 months to wait!
    Oh Yeah! True adventure 3 months ahead! Did you see the very first pic of the HH hanging at lonesome Lake before it disappeared? Or maybe you can still see it? Maybe the problem is only at my end?

I hope some one will tell me the acceptable way of posting pics here.

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    They really are, aren't they! But I notice all of the thumbnail pics are now gone from my posts, replaced with a little icon ( - ). If I click that icon, the pics then show up, though the quality seems much reduced. Except the very first, of the HH at Lonsome Lake. It just appears to be gone. I may have done something wrong on the posting of pics? Using up too much space at the site? I see now that maybe I should have used "insert image" instead of file attachment?

Or maybe I should have posted in a "gallery"? But how do you do that?
    Bill
    bill... i can still see & click to enlarge all 7 pictures, & the quality still looks good on this end.
    if you want to try up-loading a few pictures in a gallery, i start by transfering the pictures to my desk top. then choose & click on a gallery & you will see "up-load".
    when you click on that, you will see three bars w/ a "brouse" bar.
    when you click on that you will see your desk top icons, or if not you can choose desk top from the options.
    take a look at it & see if it looks workable. ...tim
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast