Quote Originally Posted by hutzelbein View Post
+1 to Dutch's suggestions.

I'm not familiar with JRB quilts, but if the suspension runs through channels and the quilt can be freely moved, it is likely that it suffers from the "accordeon effect". Due to its own weight, the quilt ends slide towards the lowest point (your butt), and an air pocket forms. That's the reason, why I added shock cords to the ends of all of my full-length underquilts. It's a bit annoying to have 4 suspension ends, but it helps with the sagging.

Should you have a double layered BB, get some Reflectix and cut out a square of the size of a sit pad. Put it between the layers where your butt is. I did this, and it helped a lot with whatever air pockets remained. You won't really feel much of the Reflectix, but it helps a lot.
Awesome! Thanks. I just joined the forum a little while ago myself and just purchased the HG Incubator 20 long. I have been having a heck of a time dialing it in. No matter what I did I had a cold spot on my bum. I finally hung it using the side channel lines instead of the end lines and got a snug fit but still cold spot. I was about to remove the shock cords at the ends that are for stretching out the quilt long ways thinking I really didn't need them. But after snugging those up and moving the loft more towards my butt and back I was finally dialed in. Only took 4 nights in my cold basement sleeping in the hammock but I finally got er done. LOL. Imagine trying to get that done on a cold winter night in the snow. I've learned a lot about underquilts this week. Thanks guys. Thanks HammockForum.