WBBB 1.5DL
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Edge
    Insulation
    Burrow/Phoenix
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    My girlfriend and I are thinking about joining in on this one. We'd probably be coming in Saturday morning.

I don't know if we're up for a hike in, so we might just park at 6 and walk in from there. We'll discuss and give an answer closer to time.

We haven't been swinging from the trees in quite some time!

Cheers!

Dave
    Holy S$*t Extenders!! - Courtesy of Bearfinder

Banned
    Hammock
    DIY 12' Channel end
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/doors
    Insulation
    Underwoobie T/UQ
    Suspension
    RacerLoops w/Cinch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dpitalo View Post
    My girlfriend and I are thinking about joining in on this one. We'd probably be coming in Saturday morning.

I don't know if we're up for a hike in, so we might just park at 6 and walk in from there. We'll discuss and give an answer closer to time.

We haven't been swinging from the trees in quite some time!

Cheers!

Dave
    Glad to have you. There's a lot to be said about hanging around the campsite in a hammock. If Zort and his daughter hang around, you'll be in good company, and I can leave Scout The Wonder Dog to guard the place.

A seven mile hike won't take all that long, and even though we likely won't get an early start, those of us on the hike will get there before supper time and hang out as well.

Hammock
    HH Expedition
    Tarp
    DIY Hex
    Insulation
    PLUQ
    So I'm dropping many daughter off at the bus stop this morning, and she tells me she wants to get an early start for the hang. Could I pick her up from school after lunch the friday of the hang? That's my girl.
    "What are we going to do tonight Brain"?
    "The same thing we do every night Pinky. Try to take over the world". -Pinky and the Brain

Banned
    Hammock
    DIY 12' Channel end
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/doors
    Insulation
    Underwoobie T/UQ
    Suspension
    RacerLoops w/Cinch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Zort View Post
    So I'm dropping many daughter off at the bus stop this morning, and she tells me she wants to get an early start for the hang. Could I pick her up from school after lunch the friday of the hang? That's my girl.
    You're raising her up right.

I'm thinking about heading up Thursday night to snag the good campsite. Half mile night hike with two dogs in February---what could go wrong?

Hammock
    Blackbird Dbl 1.1
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Leftover land bags
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing

Where is this Hurricane Cove

I'm trying to figure out if I can make it to this event but I have no idea where it is (other than in Texas). That narrows it to 268,820 sq miles. Any additional location I formation appreciated (lat/lon, near by city, street address)
    I survived the climb!
    But just barely!

Banned
    Hammock
    DIY 12' Channel end
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/doors
    Insulation
    Underwoobie T/UQ
    Suspension
    RacerLoops w/Cinch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Liberty2 View Post
    I'm trying to figure out if I can make it to this event but I have no idea where it is (other than in Texas). That narrows it to 268,820 sq miles. Any additional location I formation appreciated (lat/lon, near by city, street address)
    Come on down.

Take FM1375 west out of New Waverly to Parking Lot #6, just after you cross Lake Conroe:

http://lonestartrail.org/maps/LSHTparking.pdf

Hammock
    NX250, Envy, Appalachian
    Tarp
    one with doors
    Insulation
    UGQ down
    Suspension
    straps & Dutch's
    Quote Originally Posted by sargevining View Post
    I've got an extra, my Hennessy Deep Jungle. The thing is a palace compare to a t$%t and we'd convert him most ricky tick. If the weather warms up, he can use the bubble pad in it, and Iv'e got a low rent UQ that will work to boost that.

We'd need somebody to loan a tarp, though. I'm fresh out of tarps after Christmas.
    I've got 5 or 6 tarps not to mention hammocks. What I don't have a lot of (yet ) is insulation for lower temps. Although if converting him is on the agenda (and trust me it's on mine) I can make do with my 40° UQ which I can throw a space tarp over top with my UQP ovet that aught to get me to 30 or so. Or, I can jury rig a sleeping bag I've got to act like a torso length UQ inside or just put a refletix style pad under me. Options, options.
    Remember...no matter where you go...there you are.

"I have said that Texas is a state of mind, but I think it is more than that. It is a mystique closely approximating a religion". - John Steinbeck

Banned
    Hammock
    DIY 12' Channel end
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/doors
    Insulation
    Underwoobie T/UQ
    Suspension
    RacerLoops w/Cinch
    Images
    If we can believe Accuweather, 30 degrees won't be required, but a tarp might be helpful:

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/wil...eather/2144481

Hammock
    Dream, Sparrow and Raven
    Tarp
    HG Cuban, SuperFly
    Insulation
    HG quilts
    Suspension
    UCR, always change
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Liberty2 View Post
    I45 down to Huntsville area. LSHT runs east-west down around that area. New Waverly, Conroe. I've not looked up exactly best route for you. But I went down twice (the Butt Bake and the hike we did last September), and I45 from DFW to that area. Then, depending on where you are parking, determined which FM road to find.
    Call me Junior

Pirating – Corporate Takeover without the paperwork
    "For a couple of bucks, get a weird haircut and waste your life away" Bryan Adams....
    "Hammock hangs are where you go into the woods to meet men you've only known on the internet so you can sit around a campfire to swap sewing tips and recipes." - sargevining on HF

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Super Fly & Cuben
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie

considering

Yes, we are considering. Need to get as much hiking in before we try the AT. And going with the hammock people can not be beat. We have to make sure about our schedules.
    Bob and Bev

"The measure of a life is not its duration but its donation." Corrie Ten Boom

"Life is measured not by how many breaths you take but by how many moments take your breath away." attributed to a variety of different people

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast