Hennessey Explorer Ultralight
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    I, on the other hand, did make a tarp out of it (I think it's the same stuff) Here's my reasoning. I needed a tarp that could be used for reasonably predictable weather. It was for my wife's hammock and she is a fair weather camper only... and not much of that. So the use it was going to get was reasonable and the cost was well worth the investment. I has served well in some reasonably heavy rains. I believe it is currently making it's way up the PA section of the AT. I figured when the DWR is no longer DWR I can simply make another. As it stands I have a HH Hex which has replaced that tarp. But it is still a dang fine tarp for the use it was intended to get.
    I may be slow... But I sure am gimpy.

"Bless you child, when you set out to thread a needle don't hold the thread still and fetch the needle up to it; hold the needle still and poke the thread at it; that's the way a woman most always does, but a man always does t'other way."
    Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

We Don't Sew... We Make Gear! video series

Important thread injector guidelines especially for Newbies

Bobbin Tension - A Personal Viewpoint

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Cuben
    Insulation
    100% Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sclittlefield View Post
    Adam - If you do make one - definitely post on the results of a hammock made from that pseudo-sil from Walmart. I'm curious if it will breathe enough to be comfortable. I know it's not waterproof at all, but it's still slick. Maybe that stuff on the bottom layer (protect against splashing and wind driven rain) and something more breathable for top layer?

Mine is only 48" wide, so I'd add some to each side, like the ENO does.
    I will definitely post the results of the hammock I will most likely make from this stuff. I am always conscience of weight so I have not decided on a double or single layer. I would like the flatter lay as this stuff looks like it will stretch. decisions decisions...

I lucked out at this Walmart and found some 60" wide stuff (I can normally only find the 48" stuff too...IF they have anything at all)

Quote Originally Posted by mikeinfhaz View Post
    adam, i have a local walmart that sells a 'grease pot' from imUSA - its about the size of the 10 but has a strainer and a lid. chuck the strainer and remove the heavy lid handle and replace it with a small screw and cork. did i mention the lid? (about $4.50)
    in the grease pot and the 10 size pot the lid fits either. also, a small 4oz canister nests inside nicely. i love mine, its lighter than Ti and costs about $60 less!
    Thanks for the heads up Mike. I have heard so many goods things about the grease pot that I am just itching to try one out. Between that and their mugs I think I might find something that will work and not break the bank.

Adam

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123