homemade
    Tarp
    Claytor 13' x 10'
    Insulation
    trimmed down pad
    Images

The Hammock I Made Part 2

[CENTER]The Hammock I Made Part 2
    In part one I discussed size & how I put the 1.1 ripstop together, also how I put the loops ( sewn channels ) on the ends.

Part 2
    I take my zipper coil and cut it to the desired length,mine is 86 in. Then I take my zipper sliders and attach them to the zipper tape. On one end of the zipper tape, part the zipper teeth about 2". Insert one side of the zipper about 1/4" into the curved end of the zipper slider. next insert the other end of the zipper, line up the short ends of the zipper tape evenly. Next firmly hold both halves and pull onto the zipper teeth.
    I used two pulls on each side, so with your other pull use the same method as before, but on the opposite side of the tape,the pulls will be facing each other. The directions with pics can also be found at www.questoutfitters.com in their zipper section.

Now I take the assembled zipper and pin it to the inside of the hammock side lip and sew a single straight stitch from top to bottom.(pic #1,2,3,4) Now repeat this method for the other side if you plan on having both sides with zippers. This is what it looks when done ( pic#5 ) Now with zippers they sometimes have top and bottom stops. I use a small piece of material like polypro and sew it on to both ends of the zipper tape. (pic#6,7,8.) Now tie out tabs, I like to put these at center of my hammock body. ( pic#8)

You will now need to decide if you are going to have a structural or non-structural ridgeline. I used a structural ridgeline for mine by attaching a 10 foot spyderline to my ring buckles, a Larks head on one side and a prusik knot to the other side.My ring buckles are attached to my hammock witha line Thur the sewn channels on the ends and a larks head onto the double rings.From the rings to the tree huggers I used A girda hitch with three half hitches with spyderline 2.MM this is ran to a biner which clips onto my tree huggers ( polypro ). These pic's I will show on the next part or you can view them in my gallery.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ticktock; 05-16-2009 at 03:01.

• + New Posts