So, I've decided to get off the ground and go for a Warbonnet Blackbird.

Now I have to decide between the two options for the suspension and having no experience with hammocks, I need help. The options are adjustable webbing suspension with 2 tri-rings on each end, or, the lines/tree straps with one tri-ring & amsteel blue line. Then I've read some some vague reference to garda rings(?) in relation to Blackbirds, huh?

Now, please keep in mine that I don't even know what the above options are all about, due to both a lack of details on Brandons website and my lack of experience.

I think the tree straps with 2 tri-rings are nearly like a double ring belt: just cinch it up, done deal. But, if that's the case, there's a 4 oz weight penalty for that convenience.

I haven't a clue how the garda rings work, except that they are lighter. Of course I would pick the lighter option, unless that means tying complicated knots (repetitiously to make adjustments) like the Hennesy style knots.

So what is the real difference between the two options beside the weight? Is the savings worth any loss of convenience?

Signed,
Very Confused