WBRR
    Tarp
    diy sil argon camo
    Insulation
    lynx
    Suspension
    whoopie slings

SOLD: Speer peapod for sale

I am putting up for sale my beloved Speer peapod. I bought new from Ed Speer 4 years ago, 900 fill goose down, kelly green on inside, dark blue on outside. Ed rated it to 20 degrees with an appropriate top quilt inside, and I would say that is very accurate. (my personal best was 19 degrees, and that was very easy to do with the peapod! I'm sure it would go lower!) I have taken really good care of this item-never overcompressed, always stored hung up loose in our smoke free home. The Velcro is in great shape, and I just washed it! (one more thing, I do not have the original stuff sack that came with it--lost it on a trip)

I am selling this item because I have converted 100 percent to bridge hammocks (the ridge runner is awesome!) I am quite tall and have never really been comfortable in gathered end hammocks--bridge hammocks are so much better for me! Also, I just ordered a 0 degree argon burrow from Adam at hammock gear, and this will help pay for it! (sad to see her go, but I haven't used it since i bought my ridge runner)

I'm asking $315 shipped CONUS Pics to follow!
    Last edited by stevebo; 01-18-2014 at 17:19.
    FYI: If you want to know what type a certain bear is, sneak up behind it and kick it. Then,
    run like crazy and climb up a tree. If the bear climbs the tree and eats you, it's a black
    bear. If the bear just pushes the tree over and eats you, it's a grizzly bear : )

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either, just leave me alone.
    --unknown

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    diy sil argon camo
    Insulation
    lynx
    Suspension
    whoopie slings

price reduced to $305

Hey guys, I'm going to reduce the price down to $305 !
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by stevebo; 01-22-2014 at 19:23.
    FYI: If you want to know what type a certain bear is, sneak up behind it and kick it. Then,
    run like crazy and climb up a tree. If the bear climbs the tree and eats you, it's a black
    bear. If the bear just pushes the tree over and eats you, it's a grizzly bear : )

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either, just leave me alone.
    --unknown

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    diy sil argon camo
    Insulation
    lynx
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Hey guys, I just noticed there is another peapod for sale on the forum. For those who dont know, there are 2 types of peapods, the 20 degree peapod , which weighs in at around 38 ounces for the 900 fill version, and the polar pod, which is rated at 10 degrees and weighs in at 46 ounces. The one I'm selling is the 20 degree peapod --900 fill, 38 oz. (the other one for sale is the polar pod 10 degree pod--he's offering it at a pretty good price if you're looking for a super warm, heavy duty cold weather sleeping system!) I just wanted to avoid some confusion and make sure were all on the same page!

--unknown

Hammock
    Grand Trunk Double
    Tarp
    DIY Hex
    Insulation
    UGQ 20 deg Zep

Girth

Hi, Never having seen one in person, I am a bit hesitant to bite on this. I am 6' 2", about 260 pounds....I wonder if you could comment on its dimensions "around"....I would like some wiggle room once it is closed up, not a tight, confining bag. I looked online, and found it's length, etc., but nothing about it's width....Thanks, Tom

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Duenge View Post
    Hi, Never having seen one in person, I am a bit hesitant to bite on this. I am 6' 2", about 260 pounds....I wonder if you could comment on its dimensions "around"....I would like some wiggle room once it is closed up, not a tight, confining bag. I looked online, and found it's length, etc., but nothing about it's width....Thanks, Tom
    My PeaPod is 72"/6 ft wide in the middle at the widest point. At 6'1" and up and down between 205-220, I have always had plenty of room in mine, unless I try to get in certain fetal positions where I am laying at a very extreme extreme diagonal. This might compress the down on the side or pop the Velcro top closing open. But I have no trouble in most more normal positions. But, you have a few lbs and a a little height on me, so hard to say for sure if you would.

I would make my guess based on what size hammock you sleep in and/or what size sleeping bag you can fit in comfortably. If you need a bag with more girth than 72" around or 36" wide at the widest point, then the Pea Pod might not be for you.

Another thing to help you make a guess is: what hammock do you use? The Pea Pod will comfortably surround most hammocks out there, like a Speer, WB Traveler, Claytor No Net, and maybe the Switchbacks. So if you fit inside any of those hammocks, then you will probably be covered OK. If your hammock is a lot wider/deeper than those, it might not work so well, or for sure not as well.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    diy sil argon camo
    Insulation
    lynx
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Duenge View Post
    Tom, I am 6'4", 230 lbs, and I always felt like there was plenty of room in the PP , especially when used with a Claytor no net----works especially well because in the claytor you sleep pretty much inline, or at a slight diagonal. (plus you can hang the pod a little looser so its not so tight in the middle) Speaking of that, as an added bonus (or for liability purposes, lets call it a free gift along with your purchase, since its used) I will throw in my claytor no net hammock. http://www.mosquitohammock.com/nonethammock.html This hammock is 4 years old, and I used it alot--but its in good condition. You will need to provide your own suspension (I was using some straps from an old hammock-they need to be replaced) Just a thought, a new claytor no net is only 40 bucks , so if you try it and like it, in the future you can replace this used one with a new one pretty inexpensively. Claytor rates the no net at 300 pounds, its a double layer hammock with pad pocket. (as with any used hammock, inspect before each use, and use at your own risk)

So, the speer peapod is still for sale for $305 , and as an added bonus/free gift I am throwing in a used claytor no net hammock (without the suspension) To bad we dont live closer---I would be happy to set it up for you to try!
    Last edited by stevebo; 01-26-2014 at 06:06.

--unknown

Images
    That's a pretty good deal! Too bad I don't need another one( I have both already)!

I am always amazed at the warmth efficiency of this system compared to any other I have tried. For me it remains the standard to be beat, especially in the draft free area and maintaining head/face warmth. I just so happened to be hanging in it yesterday in the mid to high 30s/windchill 20s/no tarp and just my cotton clothing, plus a down vest to fill gaps. I was sure I was going to be cold due to the wind, but was fine.

Hammock
    ENO/tablecloth
    Tarp
    wb superfly
    Insulation
    yeti,peapod(1st v
    Suspension
    whoopies treestrap
    if only i had the cash........
    Peanuts

"A womans place is on the trail"

Hammock
    Switchback/Speer/T-Bird/WBBB/Lt Owl
    Tarp
    SF/CF/Cldburst/Oge
    Insulation
    Incub/Buro/Snugfit
    Suspension
    Cinch Straps
    I have a synthetic Speer Peapod (early model) a 20* and a Polar Pod and took them all to the Frozen Butt hang this weekend. I used the Polar Pod and other folks used the synthetic and 20* and they were very impressed with how good they worked at keeping them toasty warm at 14*. The synthetic was used in conjunction with another UQ since it is probably only good to 40*.

Peapods are awesome!!!!!
    Last edited by Cali; 01-27-2014 at 08:18.
    "No whining in the woods"

Quote Originally Posted by peanuts View Post
    if only i had the cash........
    I'm with you, I still regret selling mine. I can remember using it in September on the AT and never did use my top cover. Just wrapped the PP around me and was toasty warm all night long.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast