Tarp
    Big Daddy/Toxaway
    Insulation
    WL TQ/Jarbidge UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch/webbing
    Images
    http://www.shop.backpackingadventure...t-Std-tarp.htm

24oz tarp for $45 but it is a square tarp (so you could hang it a frame style or on the diagonal and do an asym diamond)....they also have a special on a silnylon one on there;

also you could get a Hennessy Hex for $80 from REI .com with free shipping. If you wanna go bigger I have tarps from AHE and Wilderness Logics, I would recommend either place. Good luck!

Hammock
    DIY camo 330D
    Tarp
    DIY Ogees
    Insulation
    Costco down throw
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by ojdash View Post

24oz tarp for $45 but it is a square tarp (so you could hang it a frame style or on the diagonal and do an asym diamond)....they also have a special on a silnylon one on there;

also you could get a Hennessy Hex for $80 from REI .com with free shipping. If you wanna go bigger I have tarps from AHE and Wilderness Logics, I would recommend either place. Good luck!
    thats not a bad price for a PU coated tarp...... and with a 10x12 $65 rectangle tarp you could do an A-frame with doors which would be similar to a hex with doors attached?

Hammock
    ENO double
    Tarp
    need one
    Insulation
    TrailLite
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    I saw this deal this afternoon and I think this will be my play.

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    also you could get a Hennessy Hex for $80 from REI .com with free shipping.
    I'm concerned that this tarp on REI is not the Hennessy Hex on the Hennessy website. REI calls it a Hennessy Hex Asym, but Hennessy doesn't call it Asym (because it's not asym; it's a hexagon). While the REI website lists the dimensions as 144" x 120" just like Hennessy's website, there's a discrepancy in the weight of the polyester Hex.

Hennessy lists the tarp at 23 oz., but REI says it's 1 lb. 12 oz (or 28 oz.). Why would the REI HH Hex weigh 5 ounces more?
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    ENO DN or DIY 11' CS90
    Tarp
    Oware/Speer Winter
    Insulation
    Underquilts.com
    Suspension
    Whoopie hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by OutandBack View Post
    When I click that link it brings up a used OES Mac Cat delux for 140.
    I would not recommend that at all. 204 retail come on. A new one sells for 121 new.
    Actually, it's a MacCat Deluxe with: "JacksRBetter Self Tensionsing Lines, Single Line Tarp Ridge Line - Dutch Edition with Dutchware, Dutchwear Titanium Ridgeline Biners, ZPacks Hammock Tarp Stuff Sack, Wilderness Logics Tarp Skins".

Like I said, it's a everything you could want tarp wise. Bit short of a length, but a good summer starting tarp with loads of extras.

Hammock
    ENO double
    Tarp
    need one
    Insulation
    TrailLite
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
    I'm concerned that this tarp on REI is not the Hennessy Hex on the Hennessy website. REI calls it a Hennessy Hex Asym, but Hennessy doesn't call it Asym (because it's not asym; it's a hexagon). While the REI website lists the dimensions as 144" x 120" just like Hennessy's website, there's a discrepancy in the weight of the polyester Hex.

Hennessy lists the tarp at 23 oz., but REI says it's 1 lb. 12 oz (or 28 oz.). Why would the REI HH Hex weigh 5 ounces more?
    I'll find out some time next week, just ordered from REI today. The price listed was the same on HH's website but they didn't offer free shipping. I'm sure it'll be a good tarp for the money either way and if not I'll send it back.

Hammock
    DH NightHawk and Clark NX-250
    Tarp
    Clark Vertex
    Insulation
    UGQ 20 UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie and Python
    I had my eye on this very reasonable , yet cool camo tarp made in thailand. It's the asim cut and the price is fantastic! At $50.00 the reason that I didn't buy it is because after doing more research u will realize that you want a 4 season tarp like a superfly. Save your money and do it right and get a $135-145.00 tarp. In case you simply can't afford it and $50.00 is your limit then check this one out. Good luck
    http://www.mosquitohammock.com/

Hammock
    Grand Trunk SB, WBBB 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    Poncho liner, yeti
    Suspension
    WB Adjust/web/sus
    Im new on the forum myself but these guys have given you some great advice. Take your time and plan around what kind of camping you'll be doing. If you'll be packing, consider weight. If you are car camping, weight wont be so much of a concern. I personally dont have any experience with Aqua Quest tarps so ask around here but you can find their "big camo" tarp on amazon for $69.99 with free shipping and from what I have read online, their reviews are great.
    http://www.amazon.com/Aqua-Quest-Cam...ords=camo+tarp

In the end, I was sure I wanted doors on my tarp, and side panel tie outs so I dug in and spent $130 for a superfly. It all depends on what you want.

Hammock
    DH Darien, WL SNIPE
    Tarp
    OES Deluxe
    Insulation
    JRB Greylock
    Suspension
    WS
    Check out Wilderness Logics Tadpole tarp.(under 100 bucks!!)

Quote Originally Posted by CamoDeafie82 View Post
    thats not a bad price for a PU coated tarp...... and with a 10x12 $65 rectangle tarp you could do an A-frame with doors which would be similar to a hex with doors attached?
    I started with the 10x10 BCUSA tarp, but it doesn't cover the ends of my hammock, so I switched to the 10x12 Etowah tarp linked above and it's a good piece of kit.
    yes, there are 5 sets of tabs running down the sides, and yes, you can stake out the #2 tab and close the end up. Even better would be adding velcro to the ends so it would seal tighter. (unfortunately, they don't offer that service)

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123