Insulation
    DIY UQ and UGQ TQ
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images

Post Eighth Annual Nashville Winter Dinner

Eighth Annual WhiteBlaze/HammockForums Nashville Winter Dinner
    Saturday, February 15, 2014

Also invited are folks from WhiteBlaze.net and Nashville Backpacker meetup group.

Here's the itinerary (you are welcome to any or all of the activities):

4:30 - Dinner at Ruby Tuesday next door to REI in Brentwood. RSVPs are very helpful, so I can tell Ruby Tuesday how many to expect.

6:30 - Presentation next door at REI. Speaker to be determined. Suggestions, anyone?

Questions? Volunteers? Complaints? Anyone needing a place to stay? Anyone offering a place to stay for out-of-towners?

Here is the address (and phone number) for the Nashville REI (Ruby Tuesday is next door)--
    261 Franklin Road
    Brentwood, TN 37027
    (615) 376-4248

Check this thread for changes and updates, which I'll post if necessary.

I'm looking forward to seeing whomever is able to attend. Last year we had two or three dozen for dinner and a great presentation about the Cumberland Trail, Tennessee's State Scenic Trail. Nothing like getting together for good food and yakking with fellow AT hikers. Well, except for hiking!

Rain Man

P.S. If anyone would like to volunteer to be in charge of an afternoon hike at famous Radnor Lake State Natural Area, please let me know and I'll add it back this year.

"You can stand tall without standing on someone. You can be a victor without having victims." --Harriet Woods

http://www.MeetUp.com/NashvilleBackpacker

Jim and I will be there! We had to miss last year. Looking forward to seeing all of you!

Hammock
    Hammeck Netty
    Tarp
    HG dyneema/MacCat
    Insulation
    DIY UQ and UGQ TQ
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    UPDATES:

Donna "Stambler" Dean has volunteered to lead a 2:00 hike at nearby Radnor Lake State Natural Area. For anyone who wishes to join her, be at the Visitors Center parking lot off Granny White Pike no later than 2:00. She'll be in a bright orange shirt. Stambler thru-hiked the AT about 4 or 5 years ago?

Also, our speakers this year at REI will be "Hacksaw" and "Scooter," a married couple from Nashville who thru-hiked southbound. They started in the summer of 2012 and finished in January of 2013, with many interesting stories to tell, including meeting me (Rain Man) both in New Hampshire in August '12 and again in Pennsylvania in October '12 on my section hikes. Small world!

Looking forward to seeing anyone interested in good food, good fellowship, and a good presentation, this Saturday in Nashville.

Rain Man

"You can stand tall without standing on someone. You can be a victor without having victims." --Harriet Woods

http://www.MeetUp.com/NashvilleBackpacker

• + New Posts