HH Deep Jungle XL
    Tarp
    HH Typhoon
    Insulation
    TQ & UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings

HG Cuban Fibre Winter Palace set up

Hi folks, I just had confirmation from HG that the WP was just shipped today. After a view years with sil-nylon I thought I'll try out Cuban fibre WP camo and check out how it goes out in the field. Once I'm a complete novice when it comes to Cuban fibre I'm interested to hear from those who have used Cuban fibre tarps successfully and the type of set up you use which works for you. I'll break it down in to topics to make it quick and easy to reply as who likes writing novels! ...

1) protection (stuff sacks or snake skins (SIL-nylon, mesh, Cuban) or both stuff sack and snake skins?)
    2) packing up or deploying (do you roll it up first before putting it away in a snake skin or just pull it out of the stuff sack it and back in again?)
    3) tarp ridgeline (continuous ridgeline (CRL) or separate?)
    4) tarp tightness (how do you get the ridgeline to be tight (dutch gear or knots or both?).
    5) tie outs (zing it/lash it or anything else you use).
    6) if I've missed anything just add it.

I apologise for all the questions but instead of looking at the hundreds of posts that are specific to each topic, I just wanted to consolidate the information, not only for myself but for others wanting a 'one-stop-shop' approach with Cuban fibre tarps and what people are currently doing to set them up or putting them away.
    "I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!"- Dr Suess

Images
    Rather than post a lengthy reply, I'll just direct you to this link..https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...ad.php?t=85697.

There's everything I did to my cuben tarp. In respect to storage, I fold mine and place in the stuff sack. Hope that helps you. I love my HG. It is super sweet.

Hammock
    DH T-BIRD - SL 1.8 poly
    Tarp
    HG CF 4
    Insulation
    LeighLo/HG
    Suspension
    Adj web, whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Weta View Post

1) protection (stuff sacks or snake skins (SIL-nylon, mesh, Cuban) or both stuff sack and snake skins?)
    2) packing up or deploying (do you roll it up first before putting it away in a snake skin or just pull it out of the stuff sack it and back in again?)
    3) tarp ridgeline (continuous ridgeline (CRL) or separate?)
    4) tarp tightness (how do you get the ridgeline to be tight (dutch gear or knots or both?).
    5) tie outs (zing it/lash it or anything else you use).
    6) if I've missed anything just add it.

I apologise for all the questions but instead of looking at the hundreds of posts that are specific to each topic, I just wanted to consolidate the information, not only for myself but for others wanting a 'one-stop-shop' approach with Cuban fibre tarps and what people are currently doing to set them up or putting them away.
    First of all congrats! I love my hg 4 season, and I do use it in all four seasons.

1. Mountaingoat snake skins
    2. I roll mine from each direction oner the RL and then pull The skins over, then roll/fold in about 12-15" sections and stuff in an outer compartment in my BP.
    3. Separate UCR with zing it and either stingers or flyz if I'm short on length
    4. Medium tight no sag
    5. Zing it for tie outs with mini line locks

Ridge line stores in the snake skin pockets and I wrap my tie out lines and leave attached to the d rings. I also have longer tie outs on the "left side of my tarp for porch mode if I want, and usually do. I have a little color coder on my front RL to indicate which is the head end so I get the porch lines on my left
    John aka Suede

• + New Posts