Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: HH Deep Jungle

Quote Originally Posted by Javaman View Post
    18" opening for a pad? What pad fits? Or, folded lengthwise then unfolded?

Wonder if TH is thinking double use for the SS OCF pad. Hmmm.

I like the Grey color better than my Coyote Brown.

The one sided zipper for the bugnet flopped over the ridgeline seems unsophisticated compared to my ZQ mod.

Great report but so far,
    The hyperlite fabric is a tan ripstop

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Cuben
    Insulation
    Phoenix
    Suspension
    Strap, Whoopie
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Wentworth View Post
    I received a reply from HH regarding the pricing of the two models. The smaller one will be $260 and the large $290.
    Out of my price range. Way out. If they were the same price as the regular HH, I might have bought one.

Guess I'll jump in the line for a BB and Yeti...
    Ouch! For that price, you could almost get a Clark NA. At least you have zippers on both sides, you get a tarp with it, and the weathershield built in.

Hammock
    my 11' ers
    Tarp
    many of my tarps
    Insulation
    yeti, Incubators
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie
    Images
    It will be interesting to see how his new version sells mainly due to price...

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by guySmiley View Post
    How sturdy is the Hyperlite fabric?
    I'll let you know in a year. It is very comfortable fabric and doesn't seem to stretch too much for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by FishinFinn View Post
    I noticed that the word "Patented" was significantly noticeable on the tag. I'm surprised he doesn't work that into the fabric pattern somehow.
    What are ya gonna do? It also says made in BC (forget the town). Glad to see he is being straight with his labeling. I know there were some questions in the past. Looks like he's decided to end that argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by Take-a-knee View Post
    Yes, methinks our man in Colorado may never catch his breath. He's going to have to do some sort of shutdown like the guy at ULA packs to ever get time to hike.
    For good reason IMO. The Hennessy are quite functional hammocks and I think they have their own strengths, but they really don't compare to those 'Colorado hammocks'. Still, the more hammocks the more better!

$290 is falt out crazy for just the hammock. I sure hope he is throwing in a fly of some kind when it goes retail. Yeah, the Clarks are starting to look cheap. Glad I only paid what I did. I might be able to double my investment on Ebay in a few months.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    Maccat Deluxe
    Insulation
    Grass skirt
    I thought putting this hammock out there was Hennessy's competition against Brandon. Guess not if it's double the price....

Hammock
    hammock
    Tarp
    tarp
    Insulation
    UQ
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post
    I'll let you know in a year. It is very comfortable fabric and doesn't seem to stretch too much for me.
    Don't take this wrong, but you're probably the worst person on this forum to test a hammocks durability. It's hard for me to imagine you sleeping in the same hammock for a year, when you have 100 of them sitting around, begging to be used.

From your pictures that fabric looks like it's Dyneema gridstop, in which case it's probably very durable. I've never actually seen a Hyperlight, but I didn't think that's the stuff that they were made out of though.

Now, what I really don't understand is what makes this design a "deep jungle" design, or why a design that's exactly the same only with a second layer in silnylon's a "deep winter."

I'm not seeing why using the sil is better in the winter than it would be in a jungle. Did TH explain any of that kind of thing to you when you spoke?

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Cuben
    Insulation
    Phoenix
    Suspension
    Strap, Whoopie
    Images
    Don't take this wrong, but you're probably the worst person on this forum to test a hammocks durability. It's hard for me to imagine you sleeping in the same hammock for a year, when you have 100 of them sitting around, begging to be used.
    Yeah, but it's Cannibal. The smell and grime alone is 10 times the average person, so you can count 10 days of testing to every one of a normal person. And he has that hammock gymnastics thing going for him, as well.

From your pictures that fabric looks like it's Dyneema gridstop, in which case it's probably very durable. I've never actually seen a Hyperlight, but I didn't think that's the stuff that they were made out of though.

Now, what I really don't understand is what makes this design a "deep jungle" design, or why a design that's exactly the same only with a second layer in silnylon's a "deep winter."

I'm not seeing why using the sil is better in the winter than it would be in a jungle. Did TH explain any of that kind of thing to you when you spoke?
    I certainly wouldn't want a sil hammock in the summer - not breathable. You would wake up in a pool of condensation every morning, if you made it that long. For winter, it isn't as big of a deal, which is why I assume they made it with an outer layer of sil. Slide the pad between the hyperlite material and the sil outer layer, and you would have a pretty effective vapor barrier built in.

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB XLC 1.7, Traveler S1.7
    Tarp
    Cuben DIY
    Insulation
    Hammockgear
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FishinFinn View Post
    I Slide the pad between the hyperlite material and the sil outer layer, and you would have a pretty effective vapor barrier built in.
    There are about 50 ways to Sunday to accomplish that...none of them include a seperate hammock that you can only use for 3-5 months a year, IMO.
    Of course, average internet hammock shoppers don't know that...that is were WE come in!
    "Every day is a new day to a better future"
    "Of all the things that matter, that really and truly matter, working more efficiently and getting more done is not among them." ~ Mike Dooley
    "What if I told you that you couldn't have anymore of anything... No more friends, no more money, no more anything, until you first got happy with what you have?"~ Mike Dooley
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." ~ Socrates

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB XLC 1.7, Traveler S1.7
    Tarp
    Cuben DIY
    Insulation
    Hammockgear
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    From your pictures that fabric looks like it's Dyneema gridstop,
    I might be wrong, but the only Dyneema material I've seen comes in at 4 oz/yd. (are there other weights?)
    A hammock made out of that would be bombproof...and IMO, too heavy to carry.
    "Every day is a new day to a better future"
    "Of all the things that matter, that really and truly matter, working more efficiently and getting more done is not among them." ~ Mike Dooley
    "What if I told you that you couldn't have anymore of anything... No more friends, no more money, no more anything, until you first got happy with what you have?"~ Mike Dooley
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." ~ Socrates

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    I still think 2Q and ZQ's zipper mod looks better
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett

Premium Quality, Fresh Roasted Coffee
    www.meancatcoffee.com

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast