D.I.Y
    Tarp
    1.1 Diy
    Insulation
    down
    Suspension
    Woopie's!

Hammock Gear Customer Service Issues

Sad to say my experience with Hammock Gear has been almost completely negative this time around. After placing the initial order for an under quilt for my girlfriend on 1/7/14, we spent the next week trying unsuccessfully to get a response by email about an estimated shipping window.

Just over a week later 1/16 the UQ arrived with multiple issues on the outer edging, including an inch long portion with fill coming out. Definitely not the quality I've seen and come to expect from Hammock Gear and seemed to be a rush job. Another email went out to see what needed to be done to fix it and finally got a reply 12 hours later. Jenny was pleasant and seemed eager to correct the issue. We were happy to go ahead with the order and have it fixed. After emailing back and forth a few times the return label was acquired and UQ boxed and returned on 1/21 with 2 day shipping by USPS.

Two days later we checked the tracking number and find no record. Wait another day, still nothing. So off goes another email 1/26 to HG asking for confirmation of receipt. Shockingly, we again get no reply. Come Tuesday 1/28, we call the number given. No answer, so left a voicemail. Two more days go by with no contact. On 1/30 another call and another voicemail left. Also sent another email to cover all bases.

At this rate, unless the UQ is already on it's way, we'll be tent camping on our upcoming trip. We placed the order ahead of time to allow for back order issues and a trial run before the trip itself. While most here seem to get the quality and service they've paid for, we have not. Even if this does get resolved soon, I can't say I'd place another order from Hammock Gear or give them my whole-hearted recommendation.
    Last edited by Mordakai; 01-31-2014 at 08:05.

Hammock
    Hennesy
    Tarp
    various
    Insulation
    pads, foam
    Images
    Sounds typical of a cottage industry vendor. When they are there they are great but sometimes life interferes. Voice messages are also a problem there. Jenny has a hearing problem. Email is better. No idea what is going on but something is based on their reputation.
    YMMV

HYOH

Free advice worth what you paid for it. ;-)

Hammock
    WBBB XLC/Hennessy EXP
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex
    Insulation
    AHE New River
    Suspension
    Depends on my mood
    Quote Originally Posted by nothermark View Post
    Sounds typical of a cottage industry vendor. When they are there they are great but sometimes life interferes. Voice messages are also a problem there. Jenny has a hearing problem. Email is better. No idea what is going on but something is based on their reputation.

Cottage vendors can have this problem. When someone gets sick or something happens there isn't another employee to pick up the slack. I hope all is well.

Hammock
    Traveler with HNO AirShip
    Tarp
    HNO AirShip
    Insulation
    Leiglo 5/50
    Suspension
    Everything Dutch
    Images
    .....and most of us in this sport/hobby understand the above and cut the cottages generous amounts of slack. Stormcrow and the Mrs. are pillars as far as I'm concerned but pillars of flesh and blood like the rest of us. Nuff said.

Hammock
    Traveler
    Tarp
    Mamajamba
    Insulation
    Incubator
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by nothermark View Post
    Email is better.
    Not really. There are plenty of similar threads where people have been unable to get a reply via email.

ttps://hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=47689

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...ad.php?t=87365

Hands down my favorite quilts, but if you want to make a custom request they can be tricky to get a hold of. On the other hand, once you do get a hold of them they are very helpful.
    Last edited by awilder; 01-31-2014 at 17:52.

Hammock
    Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    HG CF /W Doors
    Insulation
    HG BR50 IB20
    Suspension
    WB Adjustable Susp
    I feel you pain. I too had a hard time getting Adam on the phone BUT the wait was worth it. Im new to hammocks and quilts. Adam was so helpful and informative. He actually talked me into saving some money! I know 2 of his most experienced seamstresses have left for other careers.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience. I really think if you can get a hold of Adam he will make it right. He too will agree that your experience didn't meet his expectations. I need to call him myself. If I do I will ask him to get on the forum and message you or call you.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    diy sil argon camo
    Insulation
    lynx
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    I am so sorry, and very surprised to hear this------I placed an order about the same time for a burrow, and received it with no problems. Adams a great guy---I'm sure this was just a glitch and he will make it right.
    FYI: If you want to know what type a certain bear is, sneak up behind it and kick it. Then,
    run like crazy and climb up a tree. If the bear climbs the tree and eats you, it's a black
    bear. If the bear just pushes the tree over and eats you, it's a grizzly bear : )

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either, just leave me alone.
    --unknown

Hammock
    Multicam Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    Multicam Bushcraft
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Buckles and straps
    Things happen. Let us not lose our civility. There are many cottage vendors and transactions. If one goes astray here or there I'm sure those involved can get it sorted out without all of us losing our heads over it.
    Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Cuben
    Insulation
    100% Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    My apologies to the OP for the lack of communication on my part. I try to stay in contact but there are windows of time that I can not answer the phone (or emails). That window changes from day to day. Again, that is something I am working on.

If there is ever a quality control issue with a quilt, and it DOES happen from time to time, it is not because it was rushed. It will be because there is a break in procedure. I am trying to get things tightened up again around here after we lost a few very valued employees. We are just about there but still have a few hurdles to cross.

Quality control is the most important to me, with customer service coming in a close second.

I just want to apologize again to anyone that reads this and feels like they fallen though the cracks. . If you have an email that I have not responded to, please try again. I do my best to catch it this time.

~Adam (Stomcrow)
    Last edited by stormcrow; 02-01-2014 at 16:07.
    Owner/Founder at Hammockgear.com - Hammock Camping Outfitters
    Home of the Burrow, the Incubator, and the Phoenix

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    I know what you mean on catching emails. I have to answer so many emails and you try to give every single one your undivided attention but sometimes have to get back to them later and then you have moved on to another fire.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast