Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

WTB:DIY Hammock with Mossy Netting

I am heading to Belize in less than two weeks, and would like to buy a simple hammock for the tropics that would be less a "target for thieves" and if it does get nicked, I won't be on my knees crying, "Where's my Clark?"
    Something simple to put up, and light. I will probably be putting this up in the island huts, as well as in the jungle pensions towards Tikal. Kind of stealth
    "motel" camping like FishinFinn.
    I am heading up to Yellowstone for the holiday weekend (severe weather alert
    for West Yellowstone-thunderstorms and cold weather) and will check my PM and email next Monday night.
    I'm 5'7" and 200 lbs.
    Also a shout out to the forum regulars who have helped me with suggestions for this. I appreciate it!
    Lyndon
    Salt Lake City

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Cuben
    Insulation
    Phoenix
    Suspension
    Strap, Whoopie
    Images

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Lyndon View Post
    I am heading to Belize in less than two weeks, and would like to buy a simple hammock for the tropics that would be less a "target for thieves" and if it does get nicked, I won't be on my knees crying, "Where's my Clark?"
    Something simple to put up, and light. I will probably be putting this up in the island huts, as well as in the jungle pensions towards Tikal. Kind of stealth
    "motel" camping like FishinFinn.
    I am heading up to Yellowstone for the holiday weekend (severe weather alert
    for West Yellowstone-thunderstorms and cold weather) and will check my PM and email next Monday night.
    I'm 5'7" and 200 lbs.
    Also a shout out to the forum regulars who have helped me with suggestions for this. I appreciate it!
    Lyndon
    Salt Lake City
    If I still had my less expensive hammocks with bugnets (skeeter beater, DD,) I would let you have one. But alas, all I have left with bugnets are the more expensive models that you are worried about getting nicked!

Hope somebody has a DIY or a less expensive hammock to sell you - or at least knows of a deal somewhere. I know you are looking for the cheapest deal possible. Here are a couple links for some cheaper hammocks with bugnets, but I don't know the quality of the products.

http://www.amazon.com/Parrot-Bay-Del...091310&sr=1-68
    http://www.amazon.com/Byer-Maine-A10...091310&sr=1-66

• + New Posts