Looking for a synthetic UQ for a 11' Dream-Hammock - would a TQ fit as nicely?

I think I'm gonna buy a Dream Hammock Freebird, 11' long, double layer, customized to have UQ hooks etc.

I need a good synthetic underquilt. So far I've found 2 TQ and 1 UQ, all 3 made of climashield apex.

enlightened equipment Prodigy Long Wide (42-58)"x84" climashield apex 2.1, 4, 6 or 8 oz/yd2. 6oz/yd2 = 180$ 29.5oz, 8 oz/yd2 = 36.5oz 215$. This is a TopQuilt which says "Dual use as Hammock UnderQuilt – Corner hang loops allow the quilts to be used with your own suspension" does that mean that as an UQ it's not quite as tight fitting as a dedicated UQ?
    mountainlaureldesigns Spirit Quilts 28 X-Large ((42-52)"x78", 26oz, Climashield Apex, 235$, is it 6oz/yd2?) any 84" long? it says "Hammock Under Quilt Use Ready : Corner webbing loops for use as a hammock under quilt" again does that mean that as an UQ it's not quite as tight fitting as a dedicated UQ?
    arrowhead New River Under Quilt (48"x84", 6oz/yd2, 32oz, 160$, climashield apex)

I'm also looking to customize it as an UQ/vest

anything that could help me decide which one to take?

edit: it looks like wilderness logics used to make synthetic UQ. I dont know what insulation material they used. still its another possibility
    Last edited by North; 02-02-2014 at 16:56.

Hammock
    ROAMING GNOME!!!
    Tarp
    Big Daddy/Toxaway
    Insulation
    WL TQ/Jarbidge UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch/webbing
    Images
    I have the Jarbidge UQ that Paul makes at AHE (apex as well 3s) and it would be my recommendation. It is a good compromise between bulk and weight. The New River is a little bulky for me, but if you are tall might be a better option. I am 5'9" and the Jarbidge covers from the top of my shoulders to my ankles, making it essentially full length. AHE is really easy to work with. I had a dual purpose TQ before as well and I think a dedicated UQ works better (the dual pourpose TQ didn't cover as well and was more narrow) but I have no experience with that EE TQ. What temps are you looking to camp in and how tall are you?

Edit: I have a Dream Hammock as well and the Jarbidge fits very well (I also have quilt hooks)

Hammock
    DH Sparrow
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies w/ET's
    I see your looking at synthetics but you still might want to take a look at down...we work with Dream Hammocks and our quilts fit very nicely...we also offer pack hooks to go with his hammocks to insure the quilt stays in place...just a thought for you

You can't go wrong with any of the vendors here...all very nice gear!
    Missy Lou - Senior Tarp Queen @ UGQ

>>>VISIT UGQ OUTDOOR HERE<<<

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• + New Posts