Hammock
    currently hammeck envy
    Tarp
    superfly, tadpole
    Insulation
    phnx,zepp,jbrdge
    Suspension
    straps, hammock an
    i own various underquilts, but only EE top quilts, for me they were priced right, width was right and have served me exceptionally well, i have two 20* quilts, one over a year and half and another only six months or so, I use them down to twenty easily and love the zipper footbox, Ive also tried the using it as an underquilt and it worked well, not as well as one designed for it, but i did like the extra width it gave. I also have one of his summer blankets, which has proven to be one of the best investments yet in this hobby, a simple sewn foot box with no draw strings and just big enough to cover me and takes me down to 45* or so...with the right clothing..
    you will not regret one of Tim's quilts by any means.. he is another of one of the many fine cottage vendors here!
    oh and im 6'2" and 350, so if it fits me I am sure your gonna be just fine with the width
    It's not the boulders that throw us off balance, it's the pebbles beneath our feet

Quote Originally Posted by mountainhanger View Post
    i own various underquilts, but only EE top quilts, for me they were priced right, width was right and have served me exceptionally well, i have two 20* quilts, one over a year and half and another only six months or so, I use them down to twenty easily and love the zipper footbox, Ive also tried the using it as an underquilt and it worked well, not as well as one designed for it, but i did like the extra width it gave. I also have one of his summer blankets, which has proven to be one of the best investments yet in this hobby, a simple sewn foot box with no draw strings and just big enough to cover me and takes me down to 45* or so...with the right clothing..
    you will not regret one of Tim's quilts by any means.. he is another of one of the many fine cottage vendors here!
    oh and im 6'2" and 350, so if it fits me I am sure your gonna be just fine with the width
    Did you get the Wide or Xwide?

Quote Originally Posted by Funny Money View Post
    Do you ever go to ground? If so, EE's wide quilts have been the ticket for me. A wider quilt is needed if you do so your thought process on the width is spot on.

I owned TQ's from two other great companies prior but now own two diff temp rating EE quilts. Am very happy.

By the way both of mine are Revelation models w/ 10D inner and outer shells. The only one I've seen that could make me switch might be EE's Enigma!
    I am ground only right now. Trying to start getting into backpacking and step one was to get rid of the 10 pound coleman sleeping bag. I am thinking the 58"wide side should be ok for me for ground sleeping. Hopefully I start to loose some weight while backpacking and then that long/wide will get even more roomy!

Hammock
    Warbonnet XLC BlackBird
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    White Cloud, Zeppe
    Suspension
    Whoopies marlinspi
    Quote Originally Posted by 92hatchattack View Post
    Though Im only 6' I think I will go for the long/wide size to get a little extra room to bury my head in this thing if its really cold.
    Hmm, I'd think that burying one's head inside their TQ would make for much condensation inside the TQ. For me, if there's going to be condensation (and there IS going to be condensation in the coldest weather), then I want it outside my TQ, not inside. I recommend keeping one's head outside one's TQ.

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    I have 2 of the RevX TQs, one rated to 0 and one rated to 30 degrees. Each are the Long models. Great TQs

With that, HG, UGQs, Wilderness Logics, Warbonnet ect also offer excellent TQs.

Check the For Sale section of the forum as members are always selling used/ almost new gear.
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Banned
    Hammock
    DIY 12' Channel end
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/doors
    Insulation
    Underwoobie T/UQ
    Suspension
    RacerLoops w/Cinch
    Images
    Loved my Prodigy until I made my Underwoobie, then gave the Prodigy to my Son to keep it in the fambly.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by altruistguy View Post
    Hmm, I'd think that burying one's head inside their TQ would make for much condensation inside the TQ. For me, if there's going to be condensation (and there IS going to be condensation in the coldest weather), then I want it outside my TQ, not inside. I recommend keeping one's head outside one's TQ.
    I'm no scientist but this is my experience. Condensation would be a factor of warm air (my warm breath) cooling quickly in a low temperature environment (the outside cool air). If inside my TQ is already warm (certainly not near body temperature but far warmer than the outside air) and my breath is warm, yes there is condensation to a minor level. In my personal experience it is not enough to concern me particularly. I find that breathing air higher in carbondioxide is more bothersome than any condensation experienced. I typically will make an air channel, if you will, for my breath to escape and/or allow for some fresh air to come in. Not much, just enough to keep the air fresh but not so much as to make my nose cold.

This is highly unscientific and is in no way an endorsement for others - HYOH.

Man, I'm having a real hard time deciding which company to buy from. I've talked to both Tim and the UGQ crew via email and they have both been so helpful. Tough choice! I'm gonna feel bad for the guy I dont order from!

Well maybe after I get the 20 degree quilt I can order a nice 50 degree quilt from the other seller come summer. Its really hard to choose when you can feel your dealing with 2 sets of really good people.

I have a 40" Rev x top quilt and really like it.quality workmanship and received it when It was suppose to.Sent him e-mail and He responded in about half hour! Hard to beat a great product and service.

Hammock
    11' gathered end
    Tarp
    Hex 11' DIY
    Insulation
    Revolt/Enigma
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I bet if you order the first one from me the second will have a bunch of E's on it too!

Challenged!

-Tim

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast