Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Images

Underquilt for an ENO

I have an ENO singlenest. It seems that everything made for hammocks is made for HH. Does anyone make a down underquilt for non-bottom entry hammocks? Thanks for any help.

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    The JRB and KAQ will fit on any hammock. Speer is coming out with a new underquilt, too. Those are the only three underquilts on the market.
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

Hammock
    JRB Bear Mtn. Bridge
    Tarp
    BlackCat/JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    Pad(s)/JRB Quilts
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerberus View Post
    I have an ENO singlenest. It seems that everything made for hammocks is made for HH. Does anyone make a down underquilt for non-bottom entry hammocks? Thanks for any help.
    Contact the Jacks at Jacks r better and ask if it will fit your hammock. Probably will acording to this info:
    http://216.83.168.206/index_files/FAQ.htm

If you buy one of their quilts, get the No Sniveller. It is more versitle. Or wait and buy one of the new Speer underquilts when they are available.
    Last edited by FanaticFringer; 04-25-2007 at 21:06.
    "Every day above ground is a good day"

Hammock
    DIY zHammock / WB BlackBird
    Tarp
    MacCat Spinntex
    Insulation
    JRB Quilts, GG Pad
    I have used a ENO singlenest and a Jacks R Better Nest with great sucess. Although the reason I used the Nest is the first hammock I used was the HH Expedition Asym, so I really liked the slit entry. Now that Ive been using top loading hammocks I would have gone for the No Snivllier due to the muti-use of the quilt. A Peadpod would proboly work well too.
    NREMT-B, WEMT
    CPR goes up and down, up and down......because my patient's dead.
    Hanger Fromally Known as Ghost93.

Images
    So the underquilts are designed to attach to a certain style of hammock? I wasn't sure if the tie-offs or attachment points were made specifically for one hammock. Why wait for the new Speer underquilt? I have until next year to get this for my thru, so I don't mind waiting. Just wonder what is so specials about Speer's design.

Images
    On the first sentence I meant to say they are not designed to fit a specific hammock.

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    The Speer UQ is designed different than other UQ out there. There is a flat piece of fabric that goes against the bottom of the hammock and the baffles hang down from that. There is no chance of compressing the insulation. It is also easier to attach; it clips on to each end of the hammock by a biner. No adjustments required.

On the other hand the JRB quilts work great also. They are time tested and also can serve several functions: UQ, camp clothing, and a top quilt. They have a steeper learning curve in setting up, but once the technique is mastered it becomes like second nature.

I guess it all depends on what you really want from that particular piece of gear.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett

Premium Quality, Fresh Roasted Coffee
    www.meancatcoffee.com

Images
    I guess I'm unlike most people when I say this, but JRB doesn't appeal to me because it can be used for all those things. I guess it's the OCD side taking over. Besides, I would never use the JRB as a jacket around camp. Again OCD, I can't wear anything that goes from head to feet. All of my clothing stops at the waist. Either waist up for top clothing, or waist down for botom clothing. Nothing ever passes over the middle. Anyways....I like the KAQ. The price fits my needs, and it seems simple. How low could someone get with the KAQ roughly?

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    The JRB quilts with the head hole are a little longer than your waist when worn as clothing. They don't go head to feet, it's worn like a poncho.

I have seen some people wear a wind proof/water proof shell with the No Sniveller as a down poncho underneath.
    Last edited by headchange4u; 04-25-2007 at 22:35.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett

Premium Quality, Fresh Roasted Coffee
    www.meancatcoffee.com

if I get an underquilt it will be from Speer when he puts them out. He said the other day they are working on that UQ for Trail Days

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast