Dutch Argon
    Tarp
    noah16/HH hex
    Insulation
    0 incubator/costco
    Suspension
    whoopies n straps
    Quote Originally Posted by oldpappy View Post
    My plan as well. I'll be coming from a trout fishing trip and plan/hope to be out of the woods in time to pick up the wife and make this.
    I have space 35 reserved - incase of foul weather I can offer to shelter 4 or 5. This will be DW and my 1st group hang - so be kind:>)
    Well, this is only our second group hang, but I can tell you with confidence after our experience at the first, kindness is not in short supply at these group hangs. We didn't even make it out of the car before Oh No introduced himself to us to make us feel welcome, and then Knotty took us on a tour to find the best available trees because it was getting dark when we arrived. Gear was lent, skills were shared, bread was broken, and friends were made... yeah, we know the kindness from forum members.

Also, what's DW? Da Wife?
    “All grown-ups were once children... but only few of them remember it.”

Hammock
    HH Hyperlite, BMBH UL
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pinballwizard View Post
    Also, what's DW? Da Wife?
    Darling Wife. And DH is Darling Husband. But Da Wife works, too
    Demeter's Video Channel

Demeter's Blog

"What is a weed? A plant who's virtues have not yet been discovered" ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    WBRR, DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Quilts and pads
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rbpratt View Post
    Just don't invite both the GF that knows and the GF that doesn't. There might be trouble if you do.
    HAHAHA too sharp. Don't worry I learned long ago that I can only handle one boss at a time

Besides I would like this to not be my last voluntary hang if you get my drift.

Hammock
    Clark NX250
    Tarp
    Clark Std. XL Tarp
    Insulation
    KAQ-Lost River
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I have an update on the Post hike Northbound out of MAHHA here if anyone is interested.
    MAHHA POST HIKE
    MML--The Man, The Myth, and the Legend

"I am the eagle, I live in high country, in rocky cathedrals that reach to the sky;
    I am the hawk and there's blood on my feathers, but time is still turning they soon will be dry;
    All those who see me, and all who believe in me, share in the freedom I feel when I fly.”
    John Denver--1943-1997

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1/1.7, WBRR 1.1
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/WP +S.fly
    Insulation
    HG 0,20+AHJB+DIY
    Suspension
    buckle/whoopie
    This will be my first group hang! I'm pretty excited!

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    WB Line Strap
    I'm just in the initial phase of researching hammocks. I think this would be a great opportunity to see different setups and get gear recommendations. I would only be able to spend the day either Friday or Saturday. First can I come to learn? Second what day would be best to get the most exposure to different setups. I'm just south of Hancock me about 1.5 hour drive for me. Thanks.
    "Nothing could be more irrational than to give the people power and to withhold from them information, without which power is abused. A people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it is but a prologue to a farce or tragedy, or perhaps both." - James Madison

Hammock
    Clark NX250
    Tarp
    Clark Std. XL Tarp
    Insulation
    KAQ-Lost River
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Birch View Post
    I'm just in the initial phase of researching hammocks. I think this would be a great opportunity to see different setups and get gear recommendations. I would only be able to spend the day either Friday or Saturday. First can I come to learn? Second what day would be best to get the most exposure to different setups. I'm just south of Hancock me about 1.5 hour drive for me. Thanks.
    That would be awesome if you showed up Saturday.
    you are more than welcomed, anyone interested in hammocks is encouraged to drop by and spend some time with us.
    That is how I learned to love the hammock way of hiking and camping.
    MML--The Man, The Myth, and the Legend

"I am the eagle, I live in high country, in rocky cathedrals that reach to the sky;
    I am the hawk and there's blood on my feathers, but time is still turning they soon will be dry;
    All those who see me, and all who believe in me, share in the freedom I feel when I fly.”
    John Denver--1943-1997

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    WB Line Strap
    See you Saturday. Thank you very much.
    "Nothing could be more irrational than to give the people power and to withhold from them information, without which power is abused. A people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it is but a prologue to a farce or tragedy, or perhaps both." - James Madison

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    U G Q .
    Insulation
    U G Q .
    Suspension
    RSBTR STRAPS
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Birch View Post
    If your not staying overnight because you dont have gear then i suggest you pick up a $12 dollar table cloth hammock and i am sure someone will help you whip the end and loan you a set of whoopies for the night, probably even a tarp, show up friday and spend the night, its a great experiance that you will be glad to be a part off. members are more than willing to help out a new hanger, this way you get the full experiance and by the end of day saturday you will most likely know what you want to buy for yourself.. I thought i had it all figured out until my first hang and it was quite an eye opener

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    WB Line Strap
    Ty Zilla. Might come up Friday pitch a tent. Exactly what I looking for. I keep going back and forth based on what I read between a bridge and gathered end hammock. Hopefully learn and spend money the best way the first time.

• + New Posts
  • Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast