Hammock
    Darien UL/Roaming Gnome
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    HG UQ/TQ's
    Suspension
    Dutch speed hooks

HG Cuben Fiber Camo Pattern; Anyone have some good pictures?

Hi everyone, I have a 12' HG CF tarp with doors and love it except that is is a bit long for my current hammock and it keeps causing me some trouble when setting up.

I've been thinking of getting a smaller HG CF tarp and thought about their "camo" pattern. In the past, their camo was a splotchy brown pattern that I really didn't care for. Now on their site I see one picture that seems to show a leafy green type of camo.

I was wondering if anyone has recently purchased a camo CF tarp from HG and wouldn't mind posting some good detailed pics of the cammo pattern? If you have any good shots of your camo tarp in the green woods that would be great.

I'd like get a better idea of how it really would look.

Thanks in advance!

Gideon

not the best photos or representation of the camo but it should help. It definitely is a leafy pattern. Got it 2 weeks ago. Not sure if it is thicker material but it came out to probably 2oz heavier than the standard gray color WP I have in case that matters...but it looks a lot better IMO.

Hammock
    Darien UL/Roaming Gnome
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    HG UQ/TQ's
    Suspension
    Dutch speed hooks
    Thanks for posting Cliffhanger; is it really as "brown" as it seems in the picture or is it just the photo?

Also, in the woods, from a distance, does it appear shiny or is it more of a dull or matte finish?

Thanks!
    Gideon

hmmm...I guess I would say it is as brown as it seems in the photo. The photo was taken with a cell phone in cloudy conditions so the tints/colors are not true to life.
    Best way I can explain it: the main color/base color is dark brown with the leaves/other patterns making up the other colors.

It is still like new(set up twice), so yes there is some shine to it but I don't think the sheen will last after I roll it up a few more times and get it soft/worn in.

Hammock
    Darien UL/Roaming Gnome
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    HG UQ/TQ's
    Suspension
    Dutch speed hooks
    Then it seems like it would match the brown autumn woods but might stand out a bit in summer green?

So do you like the camo pattern? Do you feel it blends in well and why did you want camo in the first place?

Thanks for posting and for all the info!

Gideon

The problem Ive seen with just about every cuben camo tarp out there is that the pattern repeats itself in to short a sequence. In my opinion, this actually draws the eye to it instead of skipping by it.

Im still on the lookout for that perfect camo tarp.

I would agree....probably blends in better in the fall/autumn better than summer...I still think it would do good in summer.

I like the camo pattern. I think MARPAT might be more effective(?) but I like the leaves/sticks/etc.

I am not an expert in camo or even really into the stuff(you can see most of my lines are Hi Viz...lol)...but, I'd say it blends in well enough-blends in a lot better then the standard gray/green cuben.

I chose camo because I already have gray/"green" cuben and wanted to try something else/different for my ridgerunner setup...not really for the stealth aspect/hunting/etc.
    I also thought the camo looked good based on photos I've seen-and it does in real life also.

It's a really nice color(IMO)....if it wasn't for the extra weight(2oz over standard cuben for a WP size tarp), I'd probably($) want all my cuben shelters this camo pattern vs. the standard gray/blue/white.

Here is another photo of the outside w/o light shining thru it....I think it'll look less shiny/better once the newness wears off. Definitely a dark brown compared to the lighter brown that can be seen when light is shining thru.

Hammock
    Darien UL/Roaming Gnome
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    HG UQ/TQ's
    Suspension
    Dutch speed hooks
    Thank you Cliffhanger, you answered another import question; weight. 2 oz more for the camo,....interesting.

Not sure if I'd want it bad enough to add the 2 oz. I really don't need camo; my setup has zero hunting applications, I just don't like to stick out in the woods. When I got my first cuben fiber tarp it seems like it was so white and shiny that you could see it from a mile away.

Thanks for taking the time to post; it'll be tough decision

Gideon

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    UGQ Ambush
    Suspension
    HF Strap Anchor
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    DIY Gathered End Robic XL Fabric
    Insulation
    HG 20 TQ&UQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie Slings
    I don't know if cuben is what you are specifically looking for, but have you looked at the multicam pattern from ripstopbytheroll?

• + New Posts