Greetings all...When I started hammock camping a couple of years ago, I bought a wallyworld blue pad but never used it other then the usual brief tests, never over night. It really was a job keeping it in place or keeping it from rolling back up. (I did make a SPE but never got the hang of it either) So I decided to buy the material and make an UQ. I've been really pleased with it. But just recently I started thinking about pads again and decided to purchase the Gossamer Gear Thinlight wide foam pad, I thought I'd give it a try. I'm set up this afternoon over on my folks property for an Thanksgiving Eve over-nighter. I haven't cut the pad to width yet but I still wanted to try it. It felt pretty nice ONCE I got it wrestled into place...and that took a while. I'm sure it may be a little more user friendly when it's cut to fit but I can't imagine having to deal with a pad if you have to get up a few times in the night to pee... That said, I bagged the pad idea for the night and put the UQ back on......
Have a great Thanksgiving everyone.