Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by angrysparrow View Post
    You don't have to undo the hammock straps to put the yeti on....it hangs nicely on the whipping mass, below the webbing.

But I agree, a couple of small novelty biners add very very little weight to it.
    ok I am not seeing as to how you would hang it without running it thru the hammock straps.

yeah those 2 biners weigh next to nothing and it is quick and easy
    'Classic.' A book which people praise and don't read.” ― Mark Twain

Who cares about showers, gourmet food, using flush toilets. Just keep on walking and being away from it all.

There are times that the only way you can do something is to do it alone.

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ewker View Post
    To me I would considered this yeti to be a winter time underquilt or when temps drop below 50°
    Can't argue, the Yetis are ridiculously warm.
    Does anyone make a summer underquilt or would the neat sheet underquilt work as one
    I love my neat sheet uq. Won't do much for you below 50, other than keep the wind off of you, but I like it a lot for the warmer nights.
    Trust nobody!

Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post
    I didn't really think about that, but there is a top and bottom to the Yetis. Easiest to see when you lay it flat on the ground and look for the shoulder 'bump'. If you had it reversed, maybe that could be a factor. I've got a small piece of dayglow string tied to the shockcord on the head-end, just to make my life easier.

Cookies man! It's all about the number of cookies that could be carried instead of biners. Two small novelty biners; that's gotta be at least 1/2 of an OREO.
    Brandon said that he had a knot tied in the shockcord at the head end and that the corners were more pulled in than the other end. I went with where the cord was tied

Who cares about showers, gourmet food, using flush toilets. Just keep on walking and being away from it all.

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    ok I am not seeing as to how you would hang it without running it thru the hammock straps.
    Only pic I have with me. It's the old Warbonnet ElDorado and the original synthetic uq with an adjustable suspension, not to mention the temp ridgeline in the way buuuuuuut, the basic method is the same. The whipping mass is below the line leading to the rings and provides a nice knob for the shockcord to go around. The shockcord goes below the line to the rings, but above the mass. Simple?

Brandon said that he had a knot tied in the shockcord at the head end and that the corners were more pulled in than the other end. I went with where the cord was tied
    Might want to lay it out and check, just to be sure.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    Lite Owl, WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    HG Cuben, Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I'll echo what's already mentioned. You don't need the biners. You take the shock cord ends and run it over the ends of the whipping or "knots" at each end of the hammock but underneath the hammock ridgeline cord that attaches to the webbing not over the top of the hammock ridgeline cord. It stays in place just fine and will not come off because of the tension of the stretched shock cord. The shock cord should be taught and in a nice straight line. The Yeti will pull the hammock sides in like a taco when you are not in the hammock, this is normal. Once you get in the hammock the quilt wraps around your sides which it is supposed to do. If you reach outside the hammock just grab the side of the Yeti and it slides up and down along the shock cord for easy adjustment.

Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post
    Simple?

I can't really tell what you did there

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    A man of few words.
    I'll get you some better pics tonight. Maybe a video if you're lucky.

Another problem with the biners that I just thought of is the fact that it creates a sharp point in the end of the shockcord loops and doesn't force the uq open as much. Therefore, it doesn't start to go around the hammock body until further down. I can see how that would allow it to slip easier than if the cords were more spread out and already being directed around the hammock body from the get-go. Just thinkin out loud here.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    I agree, that picture isn't a clear illustration of what is being talked about. But, what it does show is that the whipping hangs below the cording that goes to the tri-rings. You can simply take the shock-cord on the Yeti and treat that whip as if it were a hook and place it there. Once both ends are on, the tension will hold it in place.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB XLC 1.7, Traveler S1.7
    Tarp
    Cuben DIY
    Insulation
    Hammockgear
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    FWIW Ewker, I did the EXACT same thing at first...took down the suspension, then switched to biners...
    Cannibal showed me the light on using the whipped mass as the hook for the shockcord...worked just as advertised
    trust grasshopper!
    "Every day is a new day to a better future"
    "Of all the things that matter, that really and truly matter, working more efficiently and getting more done is not among them." ~ Mike Dooley
    "What if I told you that you couldn't have anymore of anything... No more friends, no more money, no more anything, until you first got happy with what you have?"~ Mike Dooley
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." ~ Socrates

Images
    ewker,
    for a snug fit the head end edge needs to be even with your shoulders, but to vent slide that edge up just past the top of your head and a gap should open and allow some heat to escape. it might take a few mins to cool down if you're already overheated, but it should cool off quite a bit that way.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast