Thread: head squeeze

Images

head squeeze

I just finished my cloned HH asym. Its roomier and flatter than my speer type or claytor clone. The usual problem of shoulder squeeze that I encountered in the speer type hammock is gone too. The down side however is that I’m experiencing “head squeeze.” The left side of my head is pressed on the hammock side when I try to lay straight and I find this bothersome although the foot end is ok. My hammock is about 9+ ft. long with 8ft.+ structural ridgeline and the side tie outs are about 39 to 42 inches from the hammock ends and it has a removable zippered bugnet . Is this caused by tight netting? Lack of sag or too much of it? Or is it just the way an hh feels?

Images

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    I have never experienced that in mine. I can lay diagonally either way, with your head to the right or to the left of center. You may try lying in the other direction and see if that helps.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett

Premium Quality, Fresh Roasted Coffee
    www.meancatcoffee.com

Images
    I think it’s the fabric length. I just replaced the bugnet with a bigger one (about an inch longer on all sides) and the result is negative. I tried longer or shorter ridgeline and even loosened/tightened the hammock edges by adjusting the whipped ends and the result is still the same. I guess I could say that I made a nice hh scout or adventure racer clone! But I’m not giving up! I gonna sew on a foot or so of fabric to extend the length. I hope it will not self destruct when I lay on it.
    thanks for the tip

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Hrm...I don't think I'd try to extend the length like that. Putting a cross-ways seam into a hammock sounds like bad news to me.

If you don't have a kid or someone shorter to give it to, I bet you could trade someone for lots of material to make a bigger hammock with.

Seriously - I wouldn't even test a hammock with a seam like that unless I was on a trampoline or something!
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

Images
    yeah! I think my 13 yr old kid has just got himself a new hh clone!

• + New Posts