HH Expedition A-Sym (Zipper Mod)
    Tarp
    HH Poly. Hex
    Insulation
    HH SuperShelter
    Suspension
    ring buckles
    Images
    In case you want more instructional material.

Quote Originally Posted by elcolombianito View Post
    HOW TO USE A HH (Hennessy Hammock)
    Link: http://www.theplacewithnoname.com/hi...elter/hthh.htm

Videos are in the VIDEO OVERVIEW 1 and VIDEO OVERVIEW 2 sections.

The other stuff found in the website is pretty usefull as well for hammocking and outdoor newbies.
    And IMO, as long as you are hanging, you are on the right path, specially if hanging in a hammock that allows real asym lay.
    "This is what i love about backpacking... Just clean your stuff by licking it." - Shug

ἑταῖροι
    Hammock
    Switchback
    Tarp
    OES MacCat Ultra
    Insulation
    How cold is it?
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I really wish there was a video of the first time I strung up a hammock ... 'the biner clip goes where? I can't tie a knot! how does this figure 9 work? what's going on here? who are these people?'

I KNOW it was amusing for those watching (and, actually, continues to be, apparently )

My first time was on the trail, in the rain, in the dark. Though I did have AngrySparrow there to laugh at me and make sure I actually got it semi-correct.

The next night was much easier, now it's just a matter of finding trees that aren't covered in poison oak

It does seem like a lot of things to get right, but just go do it, it's all accumlated knowledge and once you get it you'll start tinkering and customizing to make it work better for your particular preference.
    Live by the sword, die by the arrow

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB UQ of season
    Images
    Plan, sort out, and test your bottom insulation approach at home with a bail plan before heading out to field use....experiance keep a hard school and potentially miserable lesson on this subject.... summer nights may fool you with a false sense of bottom system acceptablity.

Enjoy!

Pan
    Ounces to Grams.

www.jacksrbetter.com ... Largest supplier of camping quilts and under quilts...Home of the Original Nest Under Quilt, and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock. 800 595 0413

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    JRB 10X11, MacCat
    Insulation
    Snugfit, 2 JRBs
    Images
    I know exactly how you feel because I felt exactly the same way...information overload. A lot of it is minutiae. As someone earlier posted, we tend to over analyze a lot of these things...so, your head can become loaded with a lot of things that you don't really need to know to set up your hammock. Just set it up when you get it and lay in it....then try sleeping in it overnight in different kinds of weather. There really isn't a single "right answer" for most things. If you are uncomfortable, then look to the list for suggestions. If you are comfortable, then there is no reason to change your set-up...unless, of course, you are bitten by the "buy some new gear" bug. Once you've slept in your hammock, a lot of the great information and creativity that is available on the forum will make a lot more sense.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12