Tarp
    OES 12 x 15
    Insulation
    Snugfit
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Quote Originally Posted by cavediver2 View Post
    talk to Spencer.
    It appears you can buy just about any Clark hammock off their website except the NX 250, which is out of stock. So, I had to order by phone and spoke with a very cordial fellow, possibly Spencer, who said I would probably get it in a couple weeks.

These days it is nice to hear about an American product built from American materials which is being sold as fast as it can be produced. Demand for them appears to be high, which means a fair number of folks will be putting them to use in the coming months so there should be an increasing amount of feedback about this model.

Anyway, thanks to all who made the choice (NX 200 v NX 250) a little less of a coin toss.

Hammock
    Clark NX-250
    Tarp
    Clark RX-250
    Insulation
    JRB MW3 UQ
    Suspension
    AHE Strps & Whpies

Nx-250

I purchased an NX-250 recently and have been out in it for 12 nights over the course of three trips in Arizona during the past month. My personal experience with the NX-250 has been good so far. Workmamship, pack weight, and design are great IMHO.

I have been a backpacker for over 35 years and I am also a professional environmental scientist which leads me into the back country of Arizona and northern Mexico for extended periods of time. Between recreation and work related outings; I spend about 45 – 60 nights camping in rough country on an annual basis. All I can say is that compared to other systems I have used, I really like the new NX-250.

As to the questions about the poles on the NX-250; I feel that they provide a lot of head room and add quite a bit to the rig. The poles are well engineered and at only 3 oz. in weight, I would not recommend leaving them behind. Obviously, if the need was presented; you could cut yourself a replacement pole from local materials when you set in for the night.

Some people have commented on the overall pack weight of the NX-250. Considering the features, I think the NX-250 is very light. For professional use, I'm always trying to fine tune my backpacking system. After years of trying I'm still working at it. But, the weight of the NX-250 is not a problem for me.

Good luck with your purchase whatever you choose.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12