WB BlackBird XLS
    Tarp
    HG Cuben w/ doors
    Insulation
    HG Incu 20, JRB TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies, TI hooks

A little confusion

So I finally got a chance to test my new Incubator 20 this weekend. Everything went sort of well, I kept warm, but I don't think it was dialed in at all. Hopefully you all can clear up some of my confusion, because if there was an instruction pamphlet, I misplaced it (trashed).

When setting it up it was already dark so I was fumbling around with a head lamp, and as I look at it now it seems a lot more intuitive than it did last night. I assume the rail line goes into the bottom of the hook where the other lines knot is, right? And then you tighten up the ends so air can't get in. After seeing it in the day I think my issue was not having the rail line in the hook, I was thinking the hammock threaded thru it somehow.

One last thing, as I look at the underquilt, what are the d rings all along the sides for?

Thanks for the help as always.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    DIY UQ, HG TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I just got my burrow yesterday and read through the info sheet they sent along. I dont have a incubator so i cant help much with the first part. But it says the D-rings are there for extra modification if needed. Hope that helps some.

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    What hooks are you talking about? Mine don't have hooks. There are S-Biners through which both primary and secondary suspension are run. Clip S-Biner on hammock suspension, and adjust primary and secondary suspension as needed. It helps to have a buddy to dial it in and eliminate gaps.

Not sure what you mean by rail line - this is probably the primary suspension.

The D-rings are for additional tightening - I've never used them. I find the primary and secondary suspension sufficient.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    WB BlackBird XLS
    Tarp
    HG Cuben w/ doors
    Insulation
    HG Incu 20, JRB TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies, TI hooks
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
    What hooks are you talking about? Mine don't have hooks. There are S-Biners through which both primary and secondary suspension are run. Clip S-Biner on hammock suspension, and adjust primary and secondary suspension as needed. It helps to have a buddy to dial it in and eliminate gaps.

Not sure what you mean by rail line - this is probably the primary suspension.

The D-rings are for additional tightening - I've never used them. I find the primary and secondary suspension sufficient.
    Yes, sorry about my awful terminology. I did mean S-Biners. I may have unhooked something when I first got it, because only the secondary suspension was knotted on the s-biner. I didn't have the primary suspension running thru the s-biner and it seemed a lot shorter at the time so I figured the hammock ran thru it. Like I said, now that I see it in day light it makes a lot more sense.

Even with the horrible first time setup it kept me warm. I guess that says a lot about HG's quality

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    The knot on the primary suspension has no relation to the S-Biner - it's just a knot to complete the suspension. So if you have primary and secondary suspension running through one section of the S-Biner, then use the other section of the S-Biner to clip onto the hammock suspension. Easy peasy.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

• + New Posts