Have some of you ever come up with your own design?

This whole hammock idea has taken over my entire train of though at time lately, and I was wondering if any of you have come up with your own DIY designs? My idea is along the lines of a shoebox design of sorts. I think it might fall into the bridge hammock category, kinds a like a bassinet for a baby. XX inches deep, XX inches wide, and long enough for my ogreish figure at 6 foot 5. I have been looking thru the DIY section, and haven't seen anything like it, but a couple that seem similar. I need room for my feet, because as a couple of you know, I suffer from rheumatoid arthritis, but also suffer from vasculitis which causes pretty severe pain in my feet, so I tend to move them quite a bit, and being constricted wouldn't really work for me, I think. I have a few ideas and I am going to try to get them down on paper in the next few days, once I figure out how to get a bug net and possibly an under quilt and all that jazz incorporated into the design. Basically, a cot suspended from the trees. I've seen so many different styles, and hoping to see a couple tomorrow at MEC in person, but with my luck, they won't have anything readily available to be viewed. I've seen some designs with a foot box, I think it's called, and seems to make a bit more room, but seems to be limited to certain manufacturers, and I am having a hard time deciding because to be honest, I have never had any good experiences buying something online. It drives me crazy, that to one manufacturer, an XL is a medium to another manufacturer, and a XXL theds to be wide enough, but not long enough but moving to a XXXL makes up for the length, but it ends up being waaaaaaaay too wide. It's always a lose lose situation for me haha. This is why I am doing as much research as possible, and I am going to go the DIY route. More tips would be great, because for some reason I can't find the spreadsheet that was mentioned about the different styles of hammocks anywhere. The only one I have found listed manufacturers with prices and weight capacities. Personally, I would love a list of different types of hammocks, so I can look up pictures and see the different designs. It seems every time I turn around I find a new brand, and a new design and I am becoming so bloody confused that I am gonna go insane hahaha!!

Thanks in advance,
    Kevin
    Follow these simple rules: Rule 9, Rule 11, Rule 16, Rule 44, Rule 44, Rule 51, and Rule 69.

Hammock
    WBRR, Lots of DIY
    Tarp
    MacCat; Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG T/UQ, AHE
    Suspension
    Varies
    Hanging cot...here you go...http://www.maverickgear.com.au/

Well... My Google search didn't show any results. All I found was some cool little suspension shelter that hangs from one tree only lol. That is what I am in the market for. Something with shoulder space and space for my size 15 canoe feet! Thanks for pointing me in this direction!!
    Follow these simple rules: Rule 9, Rule 11, Rule 16, Rule 44, Rule 44, Rule 51, and Rule 69.

WOAH! $315 before air shipping. Gotta find a similar pattern if I can, I hope I can find something similar.

• + New Posts