Quote Originally Posted by robro View Post
Hey all. I got bit by the hanging bug on a recent 4-day backpacking trip where one of my friends brought his new hammock. He let me have a lay in it one night and I immediately knew I had to have one of my own. I do NOT sleep well on the ground.

So I spent the last week devouring any and all hammock-related knowledge I could find in the pursuit of putting together my first rig. I've watched Shug's videos, WBG's videos, Grizz's videos and have read tons of threads on this fine forum.

Now after all that exhaustive research I've put together a list of gear that I think will make for a pretty sweet 3-season rig. My goals for this rig were for it to be: reasonably light, easy and quick to set up and take down, adjustable, and fairly economical.

Let me know if you think I've met my goals and if I've forgotten anything essential. Thanks!

Click here to go to the Google Docs file.

FYI: the 1.75mm Zing-It and shock cord would be for making a set of self-tensioning tarp guy lines.
Good grief that's awesome!! That is exactly the sort of list I was trying to make... Thanks for doing the hard work...
What would it take to make that a four season rig.
Have you changed your opinions since you made the original list? It seems like everything takes "about a grand" to rig up. From climbing, to intro level mountain biking now to hammock camping.. You didn't include a stove or backpack....

Again, nicely done!