Tarp
    U G Q .
    Insulation
    U G Q .
    Suspension
    RSBTR STRAPS
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by octothorpesarus View Post
    PayPal changed the verbiage from 'PayPal Gift/Personal' to 'I'm sending money to family or friends'. The PayPal option to use is 'I'm paying for goods or services'. We need to update the rules, which I thought had already been done some time ago. Again always use 'I'm paying for goods or services'.

Not sure here but would it not be easier for the seller to just send the buyer an invoice, and then you just click on the pay invoice tab and your done,,, and you have all of the buyer protections and your return address will be sent to the seller automatically ????...

The Beautiful Black Hills of South Dakota
    Hammock
    WARBONNET 1.1 DOUBLE, DIY BRIDGE
    Tarp
    DIY ARGON CAMO/BMJ
    Insulation
    DIY DOWN TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    STRAPS/BUCKLES
    being a moderator is a thankless job, i have done if for a few poker forums and some poker podcasts, not easy at all! and i commend those who take on the responsibility but i too have noticed a bit a difference and wouldn't mind seeing the current batch of mods rule over things a bit tougher, i got scolded by cannibal on more than one occasion and rightfully deserved it each time

i actually miss the iron fist a bit (not directed at Gresh, he just used the right terminology i was looking for) seemed to keep everyone on the straight and narrow

just my opinion

boot
    Last edited by Boothill; 03-02-2014 at 15:48. Reason: grammar
    The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us. ~Bill Watterson

Hammock
    WBBB XLC DL 1.1
    Tarp
    Superfly, OES, HG
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Stock
    Images
    I was the first member of the current "staff" to come on after the mass exodus of the past moderators. I jumped in because I had experience as an Administrator on another forum for about 5 years, and I wanted to see Hammock Forums continue to be the best resource for all things "hammocky". There was a lot to absorb for the first couple months. I spent countless hours reading the old moderators forums, and seeing how they handled things here. I wanted to bring my experience, and blend it with how things have always been done.

My next step was searching out members that I thought would be good moderators. This is not easy in any way. It's not an easy job at all. I remember the first time I was offered a moderator position years ago. I was very excited to become a part of that community and be a "leader". The novelty starts to wear off a bit when you have to deal with the daily grind of it all. It's not fun to police people that should be able to act their age. But, it needs to be done to maintain order.

I have been a member of countless forums. Hammock Forums is, without a doubt, an anomaly in cyberspace. The members here are fantastic, and it's great to be a part of it. I want to see it continue for as long as we can make it last...and that's the plan!

So, let's all work together like we always have and talk about hammocks! We will continue to treat each other with respect and keep this a family friendly forum. Like always, any of the Admins/Mods can be private messages with concerns! and the reported posts buttons are always there. We appreciate every member that likes to help out

Yukon

Images
    I've noticed nothing.

Does that mean I'm the problem?

Formerly octothorpesarus mudsocks's Avatar
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Zilla View Post
    Not sure here but would it not be easier for the seller to just send the buyer an invoice, and then you just click on the pay invoice tab and your done,,, and you have all of the buyer protections and your return address will be sent to the seller automatically ????...
    It's definitely acceptable for the seller to invoice the buyer directly. It eliminates the possibility of the buyer using the 'I'm sending money to family or friends' options or funds being accidentally sent to the wrong email address.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1SL/UKHamm
    Tarp
    HG Cuben 4S/CamoSF
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WhoopieDutchness
    I'll add my two penneth for what it's worth ..

Having offered my services for a brief stint as a Mod after the previous staff fall out, I've seen just how much work goes into that role on HF. It's not just keeping on top of behavioral matters, there's a huge amount of admin work involved due to the way the forum has been sectioned into different areas, it's required that just about every new thread has to be checked and moved if necessary, closing and shifting threads in the the Marketplace can be a task alone. Compared to the other forums I've modded on HF requires a lot more from it's team, whether it can continue that way I'm not sure.
    So if there's something not quite right about someones reply or their tone, send them a PM and explain why, failing that speak to a Mod and see what their view is. Unless an issue is flagged for the Mods via a PM from a member then those instance will likely go unnoticed.
    As for the overall tone of HF, I still think it's just as inviting as ever, but if there's sincere undertones brewing then this thread is a good wake up call.

HF should be self moderating, we're all old and daft enough to know how to be polite and civil to one another.

Hammock
    Dutch netless 9ft
    Tarp
    Zpack cuben
    Insulation
    Phoenix UQ/ JRB TQ
    Suspension
    mule tape
    Quote Originally Posted by HamMike View Post
    . . . a decline in mutual honor and respect around here. I've seen everything from inappropriate for sale posts to uncalled for ridicule to ideas. . .
    Must be those dag-nabbed whippersnappers. Hey, you punks, get off my lawn!
    "A bore is a man who deprives you of solitude without providing you with company." Gian Vincenzo Gravina (1664 - 1718)

Hammock
    DIY PolyD 1.2
    Tarp
    DIY .74 oz cuben
    Insulation
    Marmot Mod & DIY
    Suspension
    Dynaglide & Anchor
    I've noticed a difference but have seen worse in churches I served!

Mike

Learn to survive and thrive in any situation, for you never know what might happen. Love family and friends passionately. Suffer no fool. Know your purpose in life and follow it with all your heart.

Images
    not sure about an overall feel, but there certainly are some new members that aren't particularly pleasant to speak with, but that's not something to control...

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    We are getting bigger for sure here on HF. Many from the past are not as active.....maybe myself included.
    I appreciate anyone that steps up to Mod.
    Personally I just choose not to get into the conversations in type that I would walk away from in life. Not worth my time.
    I am here for fun and info and inspiration to continue to hit the woods. In my hammock))))))
    Civility breeds Civility.
    Take the High Road.
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast